Open Heaven 6 April 2019 – He Makes The Night Good Also, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TOPIC: He Makes The Night Good Also
“For his anger endureth both a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” – (Psalm 30:5).
READ: Exodus 14:19-24 (KJV) Open Heaven 6 April 2019
19. And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them;
20. And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these; so that the one came not near the other all the night.
21. And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.
22. And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.
Open Heaven 6 April 2019 – He Makes The Night Good Also
23. And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh’s horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.
24. And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 6 April 2019
Night is generally identified as the period of darkness between evening and morning. It is a time of rest or cessation from daily activities, which is a good things. However, because darkness also provides cover for evil activities, the devil and his demons, in collaboration works against people at night. Exposing their mode of operation, the Lord reveals in Matthew 13:25 that while men slept at night, the enemy came, corrupted their destinies with evil seeds and escape unnoticed. Open Heaven 6 April 2019
The night is therefore recognized as the time of peak activity for the powers of darkness, and as the period when evil is easily planned and executed. Indeed, evil flourishes at night, so much so that the nightlife of most cities brims over with alcohol, hard drugs, prostitute, gambling, gangsterism and other terrible vices. This situation is especially rife in places where the spiritual atmosphere is under the control of the rulers of the darkness of this world (Ephesians 6:12). It is this reality that has given the night the sinister image it has.
I decree that every problem that entered your life under the cover of darkness be neutralized today in Jesus’ Name.
Notwithstanding the evil characteristic of the night, because God originally created the night to be good, good things can still come out of it. Among other things, the night time provides an ideal opportunity for praise, worship, prayer and in-depth Bible study.
Open Heaven 6 April 2019, Open Heaven 6 April 2019 – He Makes The Night Good Also
More importantly, multiple examples from the Bible and from our life experiences show that God is in the business of carrying out powerful deliverances at night. I, therefore, pray that your insurmountable problems will pass away with the night, and you will wake up to joy and celebration in Jesus’ Name. In Exodus 14:24, as morning approached, God troubled the camp of the Egyptians so much that they knew God’s Name.
In Acts 16:25?-26, Paul and Silas went to bed as prisoners, but God visited the prison after midnight to deliver them with a foundation-shaking earthquake, and they woke up as free men in the morning. I pray that your problems will also disappear with the night, and you will wake up to celebrate in Jesus’ Name. Lastly, in Acts 12:6?-10, Peter was kept in a maximum security prison, but an angel of God visited the prison that night.
Peter’s chains were broken and the prison gate opened to him by itself. He walked out of the prison a free man and joined the people of God to celebrate and praise God in the morning. God will give you such a testimony in Jesus’ Name. Open Heaven 6 April 2019
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Hebrews 11-13, Jeremiah 12
HYMNAL: Hymn 13 – I am a victor
1. Yes, I know I am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror,
Much stronger than all my foes.
Jesus loves me and I love Him,
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By His Blood, His Name, His Word.
2. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Stronger than demons I am,
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am.
3. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for,
I have life abundantly.
4. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled.
5. Yes, I know I am a victor,
By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed.
6. Yes, I know I am a victor,
No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer.
7. Yes, I know I am a victor,
Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home.
8. Jesus loves me and I love Him,
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah.
9. Jesus loves me Halleluyah,
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high.
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 6 April 2019 – He Makes The Night Good Also written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye.