Open Heaven 16 May 2019 Devotional – Giving That Honours God, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
DATE: Thursday, May 16, 2019
TOPIC: Giving That Honours God
“Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase;” – (Proverbs 3:9).
READ: Genesis 22:10-18 (KJV) Open Heaven 16 May 2019 Devotional
10. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham; and he said, Here am I.
12. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him; for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
13. And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
Open Heaven 16 May 2019 Devotional
14. And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh; as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
15. And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16. And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son;
17. That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18. And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 16 May 2019 Devotional
Many of us desire the blessings of Abraham, and this is a good thing. However, how many of us are ready to do the things Abraham did? Abraham gave gifts that honoured God, so much so that God swore by Himself to bless Him.
After Abraham gave his very best on the altar of sacrifice, God said to him in Genesis 22:16?-17:
“And said By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies”
Our God is not a respecter of persons. If you can also honour Him with your giving, He is ready to give you a blessing that has everlasting value in return.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 16th May 2019 Devotional
Open Heaven 16 May 2019 Devotional – Giving That Honours God by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
The most precious thing you can give to honour God is your life. Just as God demanded the son of promise as a burnt sacrifice from Abraham, so does He demand your life. He says to you today:
“My son, give me thine heart, and thine eyes observe my ways.” Proverbs 23:26
The devil is also struggling to have your heart so that he can thwart the great plans of God for your life. When you choose to give your heart to God, you have done Him a great honour, and you will find favour in His sight and in the sight of men (Proverbs 3:4). Another form of giving which honours God is found in today’s memory verse. Giving God the first fruits of your increase is an act of faith that brings delight to His heart. There is no ambiguity as to what we stand to gain from this.
Open Heaven 16 May 2019
In Proverbs 3:10, He clearly says: “So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.”
Unfortunately, many Christians still argue against the doctrine of first fruits. Some say that it belongs to the old Testament, and I ask them whether the Old Testament is not part of God’s word to us. There are some pleasant promises of God we love which are only found in the Old Testament.
We do not say we will not key into them because they are only in the Old Testament, so why ignore the doctrine of first fruits? Beloved, give God your best today. Honour Him by offering your spirit, soul and body to Him as a living sacrifice in holiness and acceptable service (Romans 12:1?-2). I pray that the Lord will grant you grace to completely obey His commands like Abraham, the Father of faith did.
PRAYER POINT: Open Heaven 16 May 2019
Father, please give me a heart of flesh that is receptive to keeping Your precepts.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Exodus 26-27, Jeremiah 36:4-19
Hymn 4 – Take my life, and let it be
1. Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2. Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Open Heaven 16th May 2019 Devotional by Pastor Adeboye
4. Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine:
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 16 May 2019 Devotional – Giving That Honours God, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with others.
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points4 days ago
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points for 13 February 2020 – Day 34
Open Heaven5 days ago
Open Heaven 12 February 2020 Devotional – The Beloved 2
Joyce Meyer6 days ago
Joyce Meyer 10 February 2020 Devotional – God’s Timing
Our Daily Bread5 days ago
Our Daily Bread 12 February 2020 Devotional – The Miracle of White Snow
Our Daily Bread4 days ago
Our Daily Bread 14 February 2020 Devotional – When Life Is Hard