Seeds of Destiny 16 May 2019 – Effective Guide To A Solid Prayer Life written by Pastor Paul Enenche
A prayerful person is one who has realised that he is hopeless and useless without God.
TOPIC: EFFECTIVE GUIDE TO A SOLID PRAYER LIFE
SCRIPTURE: And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence. Exodus 33:15.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A prayerful person is one who has realised that he is hopeless and useless without God.
Seeds of Destiny 16 May 2019
Prayer is the expression of human helplessness and insufficiency without God. Prayer is the channel for the realization and the actualization of the promises of God. This means that promises remain unrealised when prayer is not in place in a person’s life. A prayerful person is one who has realised that he is hopeless and useless without God.
The opposite is true of a prayerless person. Prayerlessness is a declaration of independence and self-sufficiency from God.
When a person does not have a quality and solid prayer life, he is declaring his independence of God. Prayerlessness could be an expression of pride and arrogance. And the worst thing that can happen to anyone is living independent of God. Your prayerfulness is the strongest confirmation of your helplessness without God.
Seeds of Destiny 16 May 2019
Now, what do we do to have a solid prayer life? What are the guides to a solid prayer life?
1. Never be too Busy to Pray (Mathew 6:33). Being too busy to pray is a product of inverted or up-side-down priority. To be too busy to pray is to be too busy to live.
2. Never Delegate your Prayer Responsibility (Matt. 6:9). Prayer is not a delegable responsibility. You must pray for yourself because you are not another person’s responsibility or priority.
3. Never Push Aside the Burden of Prayer (Matt. 26:36-41). Whenever you have the burden to pray, make sure you pray until that burden is lifted.
4. Maintain a Regular prayer Schedule (1Thes 5:17). Let your prayer schedule be regular and not haphazard (Daniel 6:10).
5. Never give up on God (Phil. 4:6). Never become too discouraged to pray. Your situation cannot make God a liar. It does not matter what you are passing through; others passed through it and came out successfully. You too are coming out if you refuse to give up.
REMEMBER THIS: A prayerful person is one who has realised that he is hopeless and useless without God.
ASSIGNMENTS: Seeds of Destiny 16 May 2019
1. Endeavour to have and maintain a regular prayer schedule.
2. Pray and intercede for others
PRAYER: O Lord, I ask for the grace to look up to You continually in prayers and supplication. I am hopeless and useless without You. Help me to maintain a regular and consistent fellowship with You, Lord in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: DEDICATION TO PRAYER AND THE WORD
QUOTE: If you ever remember to ask God for daily provision, you must also remember to ask Him for daily purification. Culled from PRINCIPLES AND POWER OF PRAYER by Dr Paul Enenche
DAILY READING: 1 Samuel 18:5 to 19:24, John 8:31 to 59, Psalm 1121 to 10, Proverbs 15:12 to 14
AMAZING FACT: Every star in the night sky is bigger and brighter than the sun.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: I decree the end of every challenge around your faith right now; in this season, God shall prove His word in your life in Jesus’ Name.
Thanks for reading Seeds of Destiny 16 May 2019 – Effective Guide To A Solid Prayer Life written by Pastor Paul Enenche.