Open Heaven 3 June 2019 – He Qualifies His Chosen Vessels by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Today’s Topic: He Qualifies His Chosen Vessels
“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” – (Jeremiah 1:5).
READ: Isaiah 6:1-8 (KJV)
1. In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
2. Above it stood the seraphims; each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.
4. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
6. Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar;
7. And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
8. Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Open Heaven 3 June 2019 – MESSAGE:
A qualification is an official requirement that makes a person eligible for an entitlement or position. It can take the form of a condition that must be fulfilled before a person is considered suitable for a privileged position, or a quality or accomplishment that makes a person acceptable for a particular job or activity. Basically, a qualification is a show of skill, intelligence, knowledge, experience, competence, talent and special abilities.
These are obviously required in the appointment of anyone who will take up professional duties and assignments in the fields of medicine, banking and finance, security, law, science and technology, etc. Well, I can confidently tell you that a high level of competence is also required for spiritual appointments, because (1 Timothy 3:6) says a man of God should not be a novice. (2 Timothy 2:15) says further that ministers of God must study to show themselves approved unto God as confident workers in His vineyard, having the ability to correctly dissect the word of truth.
However, all the skills, intelligence, talents and special abilities in this world are grossly inadequate to qualify anyone for divine service. Mankind is naturally disqualified from divine service because of our corrupt human nature that rebels against God’s commandments (Romans 8:7?-8), and also because the heart of the natural man is highly deceitful and desperately wicked Jeremiah 17:9.
Open Heaven 3 June 2019
For These reasons, the qualification of any man of God is a function of God’s grace. This was demonstrated in the life of Paul, who was qualified and made competent for divine service by divine authority, irrespective of his past life (Galatians 1:13?-15). He testified to the grace of God upon his life in this regard, saying in (2 Corinthians 3:5?-6a):
“Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament;”
This passage tells us that we do not qualify or possess sufficient abilities to merit God’s call. Rather, our ability, competence and sufficiency are from God. By His mercy and favour, we are chosen, qualified and made sufficient as ministers of the new covenant in Jesus Christ. God always qualifies His servants, not by any written code but by the power of the Holy Spirit.
(1 Corinthians 1:26-29) explains that God’s appointed ministers are usually not considered wise by human standards, and more often than not, they are usually not influential, powerful or of noble birth. God deliberately chooses the foolish, weak and insignificant things of this world to confound the wise, strong and influential ones, so that no one can boast of anything in His presence. There is a common saying that God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called. This is so true!
Open Heaven 3 June 2019 – PRAYER POINT:
Father, thanks for qualifying me for the task for which you have called me, in Jesus Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Leviticus 21-22, Jeremiah 48:40-49:7
Hymn 4 – Take my life, and let it be
1. Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2. Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine:
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 3 June 2019 – He Qualifies His Chosen Vessels. Please share with others.
Read Previous Open Heaven Devotional
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points6 days ago
RCCG 2020 Fasting And Prayer Points for 23 January Day 13
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points7 days ago
RCCG 2020 Fasting And Prayer Points for 22 January Day 12
Dunamis Live Service6 days ago
Dunamis Supernatural Shift Fasting And Prayer 22 January 2020 – Day 17
Our Daily Bread6 days ago
Our Daily Bread 23 January 2020 Devotional – Waiting with the Turtle
Seeds of Destiny4 days ago
Seeds of Destiny 24 January 2020 Devotional – The Keeping Force of Blessing