Open Heaven 8 August 2019 – More Than Enough, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TOPIC: More Than Enough!
MEMORISE: “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” – (Hebrews 4:16)
READ: 2 Corinthians 12:1-9 (KJV) 1. It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell; God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell; God knoweth;)
4. How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
5. Of such an one will I glory; yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
6. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth; but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
7. And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Open Heaven 8 August 2019 – MESSAGE:
The word ‘grace’ is commonly used in the Bible to describe the demonstration of God’s goodwill towards humanity and its effects on our lives. Grace is simply the unmerited favour of God, the supreme expression of which redemption of sinners and the full forgiveness they freely receive through faith in Jesus Christ. The grace of God is more than enough to cover every weakness and challenge in the life of anyone who comes to Him through Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 1:14).
Throughout the Bible, God shows Himself gracious in His dealings with mankind. Reading through the Bible, we see God’s grace spoken of in relation to three overlapping terms: goodness, love and mercy. Grace is therefore a product of Gods goodness, love and mercy towards humanity. We all owe the blessings of life to the goodwill of the Almighty God, who makes His sun rise on the evil and good, and sends His rain on the just and unjust. There is therefore no one who has not tasted of God’s grace.
Beyond this, there is a higher level of grace that sets a people apart unto God, granting them privileges which others don’t enjoy. I pray that God will be gracious to you, and you will progressively experience higher levels of His grace throughout your lifetime in Jesus Name.
Today: Open Heaven 8 August 2019 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Those who desire to enjoy the benefits of being distinguished by grace need to recognise that God’s grace is made known today in Jesus Christ. John 1:17 says: “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
Truly, divine grace is a gift of God that is exceedingly abundant in securing forgiveness and redemption for anyone dead in sin. God’s grace raises sinners from the dunghill of shame and makes them sit together with Christ in heavenly realms (Ephesians 2:6). In addition to being more than enough, God’s grace also opens the door to healing from all kinds of sicknesses and deliverance from captivity, breaking down satanic strongholds and transforming lives. Amazingly, even though no one deserves this grace, it is abundantly available to us all for free.
Indeed, no one can meet the requirement or fulfill the condition necessary to access the benefit associated with God’s grace. This is why Ephesians 2:8-9 says: “For by grace are ye save through faith; and that not of yourself: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
We should therefore always be thankful for grace. The saving grace of Jesus Christ is available to all human beings without exception; please, don’t reject or ignore it! Accept it with thanksgiving to God, and your life will never be the same again. Amen!
Spend time expressing gratitude to God for the many benefits His grace has bestowed on your life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 3-5, Ezekiel 30:20-31:9
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 8 August 2019 – More Than Enough, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with someone