Open Heaven 12 September 2019 – Nothing Is Too Big To Give, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye.
TODAY’S TOPIC: NOTHING IS TOO BIG TO GIVE
MEMORISE: “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” – (Roman 8:32)
READ: Genesis 22:10-18 (KJV)
10. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham; and he said, Here am I.
12. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him; for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
13. And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
14. And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh; as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
15. And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16. And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son;
17. That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18. And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 12 September 2019
Yesterday, the Holy Spirit spoke to us on giving whatever we have to those in need, no matter how small it may be. Indeed, what seems small to you might actually be big to those receiving your benevolence. Today, the Holy Spirit wants to teach us that nothing is too big to give. God Himself demonstrate this principle to us by giving us His only begotten son. John 3:16 says:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever beliveth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
The Almighty God gave the greatest gift He had for the redemption of mankind; these is the height of generosity! Abraham, the father of faith, was also ready to give up his son of promise, even though he has waited so long to have him. These act endeared him to God’s heart, and it opened the door of an irrevocable blessing to him.
Beloved, as we sing the popular song claiming Abraham’s blessings, we need to get some things straight. Unless we do the works Abraham did and walk in his footsteps, our song may end up as mere wishful thinking. Abraham did not consider what God requested from him to be too big. He went ahead and gave up his only son of promise. The Jews who claimed to be Abraham’s children were told by our Lord Jesus Christ in John 8:39b:
“If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.”
What He said to them, He is also saying to us today. If you want to be blessed as Abraham was or partake of his blessings, then nothing should be too big for you to give at God’s prompting.
Today: Open Heaven 12 September 2019 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Take a cue from farmers: the size of their seed determine the size of their harvest. The more you are giving to hospitality and benevolent acts, the more you will be blessed by God. The devil has nothing to do with this divine principle, and so he cannot prompt you to give to God. The truth of the matter is, whatever you are not ready to let go of, you cannot get back in greater proportions. Establishing this principle, the Lord said in John 12:24:
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.”
Knowing this truth, nothing should therefore to be too big for you to give. A gift may leave your hand but it cannot leave your life; it is surely coming back to you in multiples.
PRAYER POINT: Father, please give me a heart that gives and gives again until I become a gift to my generation.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 King 14-15, Daniel 2:1-16
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 12 September 2019 – Nothing Is Too Big To Give, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with others