Open Heaven 3 November 2019 Devotional – Fortifying Your Victory, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TOPIC: Fortifying Your Victory
MEMORISE: “Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take the crown.” – (Revelation 3:11)
READ: Ephesians 6:10-18 (KJV)
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 3 November 2019 Devotional
Yesterday, we considered how to enforce the victory bequeathed to us by our Lord Jesus Christ through His death and resurrection. Today, we shall be learning how to fortify this victory, so that it is not stolen from us.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armour of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” – Ephesians 6:10-11
This scripture holds the key to how we fortify our victory in Christ, by commanding us to be strong in the Lord. This is not a piece of advice but an express command given by the Holy Spirit. Beloved, to fortify your victory in Christ, you must be strengthened by the power that comes through having a relationship with the Lord. Derive your strength from His mighty power.
God does not want His children to be weaklings, which is why He often told the commanders of the army of Israel to be strong and courageous. He said to Joshua in Joshua 1:9: “Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
Courage is a necessary ingredient for fortifying our victory. During one of our solemn Assembly services in 2018, I showed my children the video clip of a goat being bullied by a cow. In turn of events, the small goat put the cow to flight, because it courageously resisted the cow. We can learn from this goat’s courage and persistence. Open Heaven 3 November 2019 Devotional
Apart from being strong in the Lord, We are further commanded in Ephesians 6:10-11 to put on the whole armour of God. What is the whole armour of God? The Holy Spirit articulates this in today’s Bible reading. The armour of God comprises of many components with distinctive uses. These include the belt of truth and the breastplate of righteousness. The good news is that Jesus Christ is the Truth, just as He is our righteousness. In other words, making Him our Adlly is great wisdom that fortifies our victory.
Our armour also includes boots for preaching the gospel of peace everywhere. Unfortunately, many Christians and churches are neglecting this aspect of our divine armour. Consequently, those we failed to preach to yesterday are the one terrorizing us today. May the Lord forgive us our sin of neglecting to preach the Gospel. The shield of faith and the helmet of salvation are other parts of God’s armour. Doubt and unbelief rob us of our victory in Christ, Hence the need for faith. Our salvation is shipwrecked when we fail to live a holy life. How well are you fortifying your victory In Christ today?
PRAYER POINT: Father, strengthen me with Your mighty power, and let me not be robbed of my victory in You.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Nehemiah 7-8, Hosea 7
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 3 November 2019 Devotional – Fortifying Your Victory, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with others.
Our Daily Bread7 days ago
Our Daily Bread 17 January 2020 Daily Devotional – Storm Chasers
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points5 days ago
RCCG 2020 Fasting And Prayer Points for 18 January day 8
Open Heaven7 days ago
Open Heaven 17 January 2020 Daily Devotional – How Hungry Are You?
DCLM Daily Manna7 days ago
DCLM Daily Manna 17 January 2020 Devotional – Driven By Compassion
Winners' Chapel Fasting And Prayer Points3 days ago
Winners 21-Day Prayer and Fasting Points 21 January 2020 – Day 16