Open Heaven 12 January 2020 Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Today’s Topic: What You See Is What You Get
MEMORISE: “For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever.” – (Genesis 13:15)
READ: Genesis 13:14-18 (KJV)
14. And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward;
15. For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
16. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth; so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
17. Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.
18. Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 12 January 2020 Devotional
Years ago, I had some work to do abroad. I finished three days ahead of schedule, but my flight book was the kind that could not be changed, so I had to wait for the next three days. I however had a challenge: I had run out of money but wanted to buy some books and tapes. So, I told God “Lord, it would be nice if I could get £50.” Before long, the phone rang. Although it was a wrong number the fellow called, we got talking. When he discovered I was Pastor Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, he called his brother and within the next few hours, they were at my place. When they were leaving, they gave me £50.
I said “Lord, if I had known it would be that easy to get £50, I would have asked for another £50.” Shortly after that, I heard a knock on the door and when I got there, I met an envelope with £50 and a note from a rich man who had never given me anything before, saying “I just felt like giving you £50.” So again I said “Lord, if I had known it would be this easy to get another £50, I would have asked for £50 more.”
Before long, another £50 came and then I became afraid. Recently, God reminded me of this story and told me “If I could provide £50 so easily, why didn’t you ask for £5,000,000?” I realized then how I had seriously short-changed myself. Open Heaven 12 January 2020 Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Oftentimes when you are celebrating the things that you have, God looks at you, wishing you had envisioned more. I remember thanking God for the old auditorium and calling it a lifetime achievement. He shut me up and said “That is the children’s auditorium.” Today, we are in a 3km by 3km auditorium by His grace and we are just starting. Beloved, no matter how blessed you are, God has more in store for you, if only your mind can believe it. (1 Corinthians 2:9) says:
“…Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.”
Write down your goals for this year, then scale them up by at least 100%. Present them to God and tell Him “Lord, this is what I want.”
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading and studying Open Heaven 12 January 2020 Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with others.