DCLM Daily Manna 23 January 2020 Devotional – Don’t Ignore the Alarm! by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: DON’T IGNORE THE ALARM!
“He that feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses.” – (Exodus 9:20)
TEXT: Exodus 9:13-26
13. And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.
14. For I will at this time send all my plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that there is none like me in all the earth.
15. For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth.
16. And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.
17. As yet exaltest thou thyself against my people, that thou wilt not let them go?
18. Behold, to morrow about this time I will cause it to rain a very grievous hail, such as hath not been in Egypt since the foundation thereof even until now.
19. Send therefore now, and gather thy cattle, and all that thou hast in the field; for upon every man and beast which shall be found in the field, and shall not be brought home, the hail shall come down upon them, and they shall die.
20. He that feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses;
21. And he that regarded not the word of the LORD left his servants and his cattle in the field.
22. And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch forth thine hand toward heaven, that there may be hail in all the land of Egypt, upon man, and upon beast, and upon every herb of the field, throughout the land of Egypt.
23. And Moses stretched forth his rod toward heaven; and the LORD sent thunder and hail, and the fire ran along upon the ground; and the LORD rained hail upon the land of Egypt.
24. So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation.
25. And the hail smote throughout all the land of Egypt all that was in the field, both man and beast; and the hail smote every herb of the field, and brake every tree of the field.
26. Only in the land of Goshen, where the children of Israel were, was there no hail.
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 23 January 2020 Devotional
In most advanced countries that are prone to natural disasters, like the recent hurricanes that swept the Bahamas and many parts of the Caribbean Island with some parts of the United States, technologies have been developed to warn people ahead of time so people could leave before danger strikes. But some still lose their lives each time a disaster came calling. Often, the reason has been that the victims either delayed to take action immediately or chose to ignore the warning.
In our text today, God pronounced the plague of hail on the land of Egypt but graciously warned the people and even advised Pharaoh to send for their servants and cattle out of the field so they might escape the danger. But instead of taking to the warning. Only a few of them that feared the Lord took to the warning and escaped. The rest were caught up in the disaster.
Our response to God’s warnings will determine our destiny. For a long time, God has been sounding the alarm of His impending judgment on the world. Jesus had warned that just as it happened in the time of Noah, Sodom and Gomorrah, this present world will be consumed by the devastating fire of God’s judgment and no one alive at that time would escape. The only way of escape is to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus and be part of God’s evacuation programme – the rapture.
It is important we do not disregard God’s warning, not only of His impending judgment day and the rapture, but to all His warnings regarding our lifestyle, relationships, business transactions and other areas of our lives. Failure to listen may end in great disaster. Be wise!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: To ignore warnings is to ignore one’s safety.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 23-25
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 23 January 2020 Devotional – Don’t Ignore the Alarm! by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.