DCLM Daily Manna 25 January 2020 Devotional – There Is Hope, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: THERE IS HOPE
TEXT: Lamentations 4:13-22
13. For the sins of her prophets, and the iniquities of her priests, that have shed the blood of the just in the midst of her,
14. They have wandered as blind men in the streets, they have polluted themselves with blood, so that men could not touch their garments.
15. They cried unto them, Depart ye; it is unclean; depart, depart, touch not; when they fled away and wandered, they said among the heathen, They shall no more sojourn there.
16. The anger of the LORD hath divided them; he will no more regard them; they respected not the persons of the priests, they favoured not the elders.
17. As for us, our eyes as yet failed for our vain help; in our watching we have watched for a nation that could not save us.
18. They hunt our steps, that we cannot go in our streets; our end is near, our days are fulfilled; for our end is come.
19. Our persecutors are swifter than the eagles of the heaven; they pursued us upon the mountains, they laid wait for us in the wilderness.
20. The breath of our nostrils, the anointed of the LORD, was taken in their pits, of whom we said, Under his shadow we shall live among the heathen.
21. Rejoice and be glad, O daughter of Edom, that dwellest in the land of Uz; the cup also shall pass through unto thee; thou shalt be drunken, and shalt make thyself naked.
22. The punishment of thine iniquity is accomplished, O daughter of Zion; he will no more carry thee away into captivity; he will visit thine iniquity, O daughter of Edom; he will discover thy sins.
KEY VERSE: DCLM Daily Manna 25 January 2020 Devotional
“The anger of the LORD hath divided them; he will no more regard them: they respected not the persons of the priests, they favoured not the elders.” – (Lamentations 4:16)
MESSAGE FOR DCLM DAILY MANNA 25TH JANUARY 2020:
When Oliver Conwell sat for his portrait, the artist proposed that he cover a disfiguring wart by resting his head on his hand. The blunt protector said gruffly, “No, paint me as I am, warts and all”. The tragic condition of Judah was a result of their drifting into sin without giving heed to the warnings of Prophet Jeremiah and seeking help where there is none. They became polluted and unclean before the heathen.
The lofty posture of Judah did not deter God from accomplishing His fury on them. It is wandering like blind men in the streets for the people of God to be blood-guilty and still hope they will find their way to safety.
God matches sin with judgment but true repentance attracts mercy and loving kindness. He promises through the prophecy of Jeremiah that Judah’s captivity would come to an end when the purpose of divine chastisement is accomplished.
Conformity to sin is catastrophic. God’s door of mercy is open to all who will repent of them. There is no benefit in covering up sin or seeking salvation where there is none (Acts 4:12). Our salvation is in Christ Jesus. To be free from captivity and reproach of sin you must come to God as you are “warts and all” – for total cleansing.
Don’t paint a portrait that cover your true self either as a priest or parishioner, leader or laity, minster or member, shepherd or sheep, pastors or preachers. Show yourself “warts and all”, and divine mercy will locate you.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: There is no hope for a sinner outside Christ.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 30-32
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 25 January 2020 Devotional – There Is Hope, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.
Our Daily Bread7 days ago
Our Daily Bread 15th September 2020 Devotional – Compassion On The Job
Live Stream5 days ago
MFM Manna Water Service 16th September 2020 Wednesday
Gospel Music Videos5 days ago
Download MP3: Belive by IniMiller JP (Audio + Lyrics)
Live Stream7 days ago
MFM Revival Hour 14th September 2020 by Pastor D. K. Olukoya
Open Heaven7 days ago
Open Heaven 15th September 2020 Devotional – God Is Coming To Your Home 3