Open Heaven 11 February 2020 Devotional – The Beloved 1 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: The Beloved 1
MEMORISE: “For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.” – (Hebrews 12:6)
READ: Hebrews 12:6-11 (KJV)
6. For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8. But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence; shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10. For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous; nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 11 February 2020 Devotional
There are so many benefits attached to being the beloved of the Most High God, even to the point of enjoying sound sleep.
“…for so he giveth his beloved sleep.” – Psalm 127:2
For every benefit though, there would be an attendant cost and yes, it is costly to be God’s favourite. Firstly, God chastens His own. What others could get away with would result in chastening and discipline for God’s beloved, should he/she attempt same.
A long time ago, when construction measurements were typically done in feet, I hired a man to do some work on the campground. However, instead of measuring in feet, he measured in metres. The Holy Spirit told me twice to correct him, but I refused, thinking “As a professional, he should know the difference between feet and metres; since he doesn’t know, let him suffer for it.” After he was done, one of his workmen offered me a handshake. The man was huge and his hand felt like its made of iron. Open Heaven 11 February 2020 Devotional – The Beloved 1 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
The pain shot straight to my brain. I turned to God and asked “Lord, why?” He said “I told you to correct his boss but you refused.” “Ah, but this punishment is too much for the offence” I grumbled. His response was “You are special to me, so I cannot take any nonsense from you.” If you want to be the beloved of God, then you must obey Him totally and adjust immediately when He chastens you.
Secondly, God sends His beloved on special assignments which are sometimes dangerous. When Goliath was to be killed, He sent David. When He needed to redeem mankind, He sent His only Son, Jesus. This is because He has put so much in them that He knows they will not disappoint Him.
For every successful mission God’s special children embark upon, He gives special rewards to them, just like Jesus was given a name that is above every other. Do you want to be the beloved of Jesus? If yes, get yourself ready for special chastisements, assignments and rewards!
KEY POINT: Has God been chastising you about something for which you have refused to change? Adjust your ways.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 36-38
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 11 February 2020 Devotional – The Beloved 1 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.
Our Daily Bread7 days ago
Our Daily Bread 14 February 2020 Devotional – When Life Is Hard
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points7 days ago
RCCG Fasting And Prayer Points for 13 February 2020 – Day 34
Gospel Music Videos5 days ago
Mercy Chinwo – Obinasom (Official Video + Lyrics)
Our Daily Bread7 days ago
Our Daily Devotional 13 February 2020 – Freed from Our Cage
Kenneth Copeland7 days ago
Faith To Faith 14 February 2020 Devotional – Love Is the Power Charge