Open Heaven 22nd February 2020 Devotional – The Wages Of Sin, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE WAGES OF SIN
MEMORISE: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” – (Romans 6:23)
READ: Romans 6:12-23 (KJV)
12. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin; but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14. For sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17. But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
19. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh; for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20. For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 22nd February 2020 Devotional:
“For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.” – Psalm 1:6
These days, sin is not considered to be as untouchable as it was when I became born again. Back then, people feared God greatly. Now however, many Christians explain sin away. Some will even twist facts and say “God understands.” Whatever the circumstance, the wages of sin is still death; as a result, sinners are open to all kinds of death.
Many times Jesus healed the sick, He simply forgave their sins and asked them to rise. An example is the man Jesus healed at the pool of Bethseda (John 5:14). This man had been sick for thirty-eight years, and here was Jesus saying that if he went back into sin, then a worse predicament would come upon him. Sin opens you up to dangerous sickness. It is too risky to be toyed with. Open Heaven 22nd February 2020 Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
“The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead.” – Proverbs 11:8
When trouble or death knocks, God can use a sinner as an alternative for the righteous. Daniel was thrown into the den of lions, but they could not eat him (Daniel 6). He was released the following day and those who threw him in were used to replace him.
“Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.” – Proverbs 11:21
For every righteous man delivered, there will surely be a substitute. This is why it pays to live a righteous life rather than a sinful one. A sinner will not go unpunished, and as we read in our memory verse of today, the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23).
KEY POINT: Run away from sin; it is a killer.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 26-27
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 22nd February 2020 Devotional – The Wages Of Sin, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with others.