Open Heaven 27th February 2020 – Understanding Life, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: UNDERSTANDING LIFE
MEMORISE: “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” – (John 10:10)
READ: Ecclesiastes 5:10-16 (KJV)
10. He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase; this is also vanity.
11. When goods increase, they are increased that eat them; and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?
12. The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much; but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.
13. There is a sore evil which I have seen under the sun, namely, riches kept for the owners thereof to their hurt.
14. But those riches perish by evil travail; and he begetteth a son, and there is nothing in his hand.
15. As he came forth of his mother’s womb, naked shall he return to go as he came, and shall take nothing of his labour, which he may carry away in his hand.
16. And this also is a sore evil, that in all points as he came, so shall he go; and what profit hath he that hath laboured for the wind?
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 27th February 2020:
“And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.” – Luke 12:15
Having ‘life abundantly’ does not refer to material things. Ecclesiastes 5:10-12 says he who loves silver and gold will never be satisfied and the abundance of the rich will not let him sleep. A Christian is not identified by how prosperous he/she is. Although God wants us to prosper financially, it is even as we prosper spiritually (3 John 1:2).
He is more concerned with the prosperity of the soul than material blessing which is an addition. Matthew 6:33 says “but seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all other things shall be ADDED…” True Christians are known by their fruits of righteousness and holy lifestyle.
A young man came to Jesus and said he wanted to follow Him. The Lord asked him to sell all he had before he could, and he went away sorrowful (Matthew 19:16-24). Many have lost their place in Christ due to the love of wealth. Today, some rich people are depressed because they cannot give up their wealth for Him.
Today: Open Heaven 27th February 2020 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
One day, a professor who had just given his life to Christ said to me “Pastor, ever since I became born again, I have just been full of joy, I hope it is not dangerous to be too happy.” I said “That is the joy of the Lord, enjoy it”. He was a successful man, but all the while, he had not experienced joy until he met Christ. He got abundant life.
Abundant life in Him means you can fulfill your destiny. Peter wanted to be a millionaire fisherman, but Jesus told him that he would become a fisher of men. In Psalm 23:5, David did not say that the table was filled with assorted food, instead anointing that ran over. Abundant life is overflowing anointing.
In God’s presence there is fullness of joy (Psalm 16:11). This is the promised abundant life – joy like a river. Stay content in Christ so you can have abundant life. Remember, godliness with contentment is great gain (1 Timothy 6:6).
KEY POINT: Anything that takes you away from Christ has taken life away from you.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 8-10
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 27 February 2020 – Understanding Life, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.