DCLM Daily Manna 7th April 2020 Devotional – The Desire of the Righteous, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE DESIRE OF THE RIGHTEOUS
TEXT: Psalm 119:33-40
33. HE. Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
34. Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
35. Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
36. Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
37. Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.
38. Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.
39. Turn away my reproach which I fear; for thy judgments are good.
40. Behold, I have longed after thy precepts; quicken me in thy righteousness.
KEY VERSE: “Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.” – (Psalm 119:33)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 7th April 2020 Devotional:
We live in a world where many people are preoccupied with thoughts of how to get rich. Consequently, they enmesh themselves in the rat-race for money. Added to this are quests for knowledge and scientific discovery which have made many to attach little or no value to spiritual matters. They care little about their relationship with God.
In contrast, the psalmist in our text expressed a burning desire for spiritual things. Being a righteous man, he was always thinking of his relationship with God, how to please Him at all times and dwell with Him in eternity. He had previously expressed his heartfelt desires by saying, “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?” – (Psalm 42:1,2).
Through his petitions, the psalmist expressed his heart’s desire: he wanted to know more of God’s statutes in order to keep them. He never got too familiar with God’s word. We should never be satisfied with the level of our spiritual state. There is need for us to constantly long for God and His word.
Every heaven-bound pilgrim should always pray for grace to be preserved from the pollution of this present evil world. The coming of the Lord is imminent. Daily self-examination is indispensable for every believer who desires to be part of His Kingdom. The Lord is not interested in partial obedience; rather, He delights in total obedience to His commandants.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Never get too familiar with God’s word.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 1-2
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 7th April 2020 Devotional – The Desire of the Righteous, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.