Scripture Union Daily Guide 5th June 2020 – Repent and Be Converted
TODAY’S TOPIC: REPENT AND BE CONVERTED
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, may the entrance of your word bring light and life to all I will do today.
Scripture: Acts 3:12–26
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
Scripture Union Daily Guide 5th June 2020 Outline
The wonder and amazement that followed the healing of the crippled beggar became another opportunity for the Apostles to testify about the resurrected Christ. Note how Peter avoided taking any personal merit for the miracle but gave all the glory to God (v.12). This is a temptation that many in our generation struggle to overcome.
We will do well to emulate the Apostles’ example. What are the specific grounds for the miracle according to vv.13 and 16? Peter declared the people guilty of killing Jesus (vv.14–15) in order to challenge their conscience but see how he reassured them of God’s forgiveness (vv.17–19).
A key component of an effective gospel presentation is the message of repentance from sin (see Matthew 4:17).
When a sinner truly repents, there will be forgiveness with refreshing from the Lord and the gifts of the Holy Spirit (cf. 2:38–39).
Notice the promise and warning in vv.20–23. Jesus is the fulfilment of all the promises to the patriarch and his second coming is the final restoration. But whoever does not believe in him will not be a part of the coming Kingdom.
• And so: Always use whatever opportunity God gives you to evangelise but be sure to present a balanced gospel message.
Today’s Prayer Points:
• Dear Lord, keep me humble and help me never to share in your glory for whatever you may achieve through my life.
• Pray against harmful books and multimedia materials that masquerade as Christian materials.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Philippians 4:13
Read the Bible in one Year: Jer. 3–5; Matt. 21:1–22
Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867 and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.
Thanks for reading today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 5th June 2020 – Repent and Be Converted. Please share this with other people.