DCLM Daily Manna 11th June 2020 Devotional – Praying To Receive by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: PRAYING TO RECEIVE
KEY VERSE: “Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.” – (Psalm 5:1,2)
TEXT: Psalm 5:1-7
1. Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
2. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God; for unto thee will I pray.
3. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
4. For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness; neither shall evil dwell with thee.
5. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight; thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
6. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing; the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
7. But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy; and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 11th June 2020 Devotional
Dr. George Washington Carver once wrote on the subject of the potency of prayer, “My prayer seems to be more of attitude than anything else. I indulge in no lip service, but ask the great God silently, daily and often many times a day, to permit me to speak to Him. I ask Him to give me wisdom, understanding and bodily strength to do His will. Hence, I am asking and receiving all the time”. The secret of a close relationship with God is prayer. Regular communication helps any friendship and is certainly necessary for a strong relationship with God.
The psalmist considered not only the potency of prayer but also expounded the necessary ingredients that could make prayer effectual. Prayer offered to God in holiness and righteousness brings speedy answer. Dr. William Sadler said, “prayer is a safety valve of the mind and of the soul; if Christianity were practically applied to our everyday life, it will so purify and vitalise the race that at least one half of our sickness and sorrow would disappear”.
DCLM Daily Manna 11th June 2020 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
As much as God delights in our calling on Him, He also wants us to live to please Him. Hence, as we grow spiritually, our sensitivity to His requirement of holiness should increase.
Prayer is never a monologue; it is a dialogue. As we talk to God, we must also listen to Him. We should have the same attitude to prayer as David. He said, “I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly” (Psalm 85:8).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Purity is the power of prayer.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 17-18
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 11th June 2020 Devotional – Praying To Receive by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.