Open Heaven 12th June 2020 Devotional – Do More For God by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: DO MORE FOR GOD
MEMORISE: “Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.” – (Psalms 57:11)
READ: Psalms 145:4-13 (KJV)
4. One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.
5. I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.
6. And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts; and I will declare thy greatness.
7. They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.
8. The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
9. The LORD is good to all; and his tender mercies are over all his works.
10. All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
11. They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;
12. To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.
13. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 12th June 2020 Devotional
“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.” – Ecclesiastes 9:10
While the government of Nigeria was planning for the 1977 Festival of Arts and Culture (FESTAC), it occurred to me that, since it was going to be a public holiday, I could gather students to study the Bible, pray and dance for Jesus instead.
I got the necessary information and approvals, then wrote letters to the schools. However, I did not have money to post the letters, not to mention feeding and accommodating the students, as I had promised. A friend had offered his savings of N4,000 but we still needed more, so I had to sell my car. That programme which started small is now known all over the world as the RCCG Congress. I was not even the General Overseer then, just a Christian who wanted to lift Jesus name above all else.
In 1998, a politician claimed he could gather two million people in a place. I thought: “If he can gather two million people for himself, we can gather four million people for God. “So, Lekki ‘98 held and by God’s grace, over six million people attended, causing a great revival in Nigeria.
Today: Open Heaven 12th June 2020 Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
At another time, a popular brand announced its goal of having at least one consumer in every family of the world. I was challenged; I believed we could do that for God too. There could be at least one member of the RCCG in every family of the world. Today, the RCCG is in over 197 countries of the world.
As Christians, we must match and outwit every secular dream. No more timidity! Do everything to ensure that Gods name is praised above all others. If you make a move, God will do the rest. Do more for God always.
KEY POINT: We are the Apostles of our time. How much are we doing to propagate the gospel?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 8, 2 Chronicles 5
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 12th June 2020 Devotional – Do More For God by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.
Our Daily Bread5 days ago
Our Daily Bread 14th September 2020 Devotional – Goodbyes And Hellos
Live Stream6 days ago
Catholic Sunday Mass 13th September 2020 Today Live Online – Livestream
Our Daily Bread6 days ago
Our Daily Bread Sunday 13th September 2020 Devotional – Friendly Fin
Catholic Daily Mass Readings6 days ago
Catholic Sunday Daily Mass Readings 13th September 2020 Today
Rhapsody of Realities 20206 days ago
Rhapsody Of Realities 13th September 2020 – Perfect And Complete In Him