Scripture Union Daily Guide 3rd August 2020 – Providing Service In The Kingdom
TODAY’S TOPIC: PROVIDING SERVICE IN THE KINGDOM
OPEN PRAYER: As I read through this passage dear Lord, let your word bring transformation to my life.
SCRIPTURE: 1 Kings 4:1 ─ 20
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
TODAY’S OUTLINE: DAILY GUIDE 3RD AUGUST 2020
In his wisdom, Solomon employed some of the key people who had served his father into his government (vv.3&4, cf. 2 Samuel 20:24–25). In that way, he ensured continuity in governance. There is a lesson here for our politicians who pride themselves in reversing all that their predecessors initiated. There is wisdom in ensuring continuity of projects and key personnel.
For a better and efficient management of the nation, Solomon divided it into 12 districts with appointed governors presiding over them (vv.7–19). The business of these twelve governors was to provide, each for a month, those provisions which were consumed in the king’s household each day. This likely lightened the load on the administrative heads.
Our nations will do better if we take a cue from Solomon and ensure that districts/regions are created for functional reasons not just for parochial political gain. Read v.20 again and compare Israel’s emotional state here with that under Saul (1 Samuel 22:2). One indication of godly leadership is the emotional state of the people.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• And so: When can you do to ensure effective and efficient leadership in your home and community?
• Commit your nation’s cabinet to God in prayer that they will co–ordinate and implement all affairs of the government in accordance with God’s will.
• Praise Him for His love in keeping our families together in unity, and in meeting our spiritual and material needs.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Revelation 12:11
Read the Bible in one Year: Psalms 66–67; Acts 23:16–35
Thanks for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 3rd August 2020 – Providing Service In The Kingdom. Please share this with other people.