Scripture Union Daily Guide 11th August 2020 – God faithfully guides His people
TODAY’S TOPIC: GOD FAITHFULLY GUIDES HIS PEOPLE
OPENING PRAYER: Lord, I pray that you lead me into your truth as I meditate on your word in Jesus name.
SCRIPTURE: Acts 7:1–16
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
TODAY’S OUTLINE: DAILY GUIDE 11TH AUGUST 2020
When the high priest asked Stephen to defend himself, the apostle did not do that. Instead, he took advantage of the platform granted him to narrate the history of his people. He established that:
1. Israel as a nation was God’s deliberate creation; 2. God faithfully guarded his people in the direction he chose; 3. Their disobedient actions, such as killing his prophets, incurred God’s displeasure. Stephen’s point is: the fact that God was with Joseph, rescued him from all his troubles in Egypt, and raised him to the status of ruler over the land (vv.9–10), demonstrated his love for his people by preparing to ease the famine that brought great suffering. What role did circumcision (v.8) play in the relationship between God and his people (Genesis 17:9–14)?
See Deuteronomy 10:12–20 for what “circumcision of the heart” means to the believer. Despite being in slavery in Egypt for a long time, God did not forget them. God never forgets us no matter how long it takes for him to come to our rescue. With these historical facts, Stephen confirmed the truth that God was still at work among his people. If you recall God’s favour towards you yesterday, it helps to guide you today and tomorrow. God still directs the affairs of those who subject their will to his.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Reflection: God is utterly dependable who called you to share in the life of his Son 1Cor. 1:9)
• As you led the people of old to your desired goal and haven, dear Lord, so guide us today to reach our destiny.
• Pray for yourself, not to take the grace of God in vain.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Hebrews 13:6
Read the Bible in one Year
Psalms 84–86; 1 Peter 2
Thanks for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 11th August 2020 – God faithfully guides His people. Please share this topic with other people.
Our Daily Bread7 days ago
Our Daily Bread 12th September 2020 Devotional – Day Of Encouragement
Our Daily Bread5 days ago
Our Daily Bread 14th September 2020 Devotional – Goodbyes And Hellos
Live Stream6 days ago
Catholic Sunday Mass 13th September 2020 Today Live Online – Livestream
Our Daily Bread6 days ago
Our Daily Bread Sunday 13th September 2020 Devotional – Friendly Fin
Catholic Daily Mass Readings6 days ago
Catholic Sunday Daily Mass Readings 13th September 2020 Today