Scripture Union Daily Guide 18th August 2020 – To The Desert Road
TODAY’S TOPIC: TO THE DESERT ROAD
OPENING PRAYER: Dear Lord, I pray that you order my steps today through your word as I meditate on it.
SCRIPTURE: Acts 8:26–40
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any other Biblical passage that can help me understand this passage better?
TODAY’S OUTLINE: DAILY GUIDE 18TH AUGUST 2020
An angel of the Lord sent Philip to “the desert road” (v.26). Desert roads are not attractive for missions and evangelism, especially if we, like Philip in Samaria, may be having a successful ministry in comfortable circumstances.
Our assignment at church, in a wider ministry, or on a transfer to a less lucrative environment may not be attractive, but we can learn from Philip’s obedience and its outcome. An influential Ethiopian official received salvation. Through him Ethiopia would receive the good news and Philip would be blessed for his obedience. Yours may be a “desert road” duty, but obedience is the best way forward.
The Ethiopian official was reading Isaiah 53:7,8. Philip used this passage to explain the good news about Jesus. Identify three things in this passage that were fulfilled in Christ Jesus. Philip’s outreach to the Ethiopian is another example of Africa’s presence in the Bible and the continent’s linkage to the gospel.
Considering that this Ethiopian, who might have been a Judaism convert, had come all the way from Africa to Israel and was returning with his new–found faith; how did this evangelistic event fulfilled Acts 1:8 and Matthew 28:20? The gospel must reach every corner of the earth, and each of us has a role to play to fulfil the Great Commission.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• So what? In view of this divine assignment, God wants us to reach the unbelievers for Him by showing them how His power has changed our lives.
• Wherever you send me, Lord, give me the power and desire to go and do your work.
• Pray for your Pastor and other Church leaders to be effective in ministry: clarity of message, courage to be scriptural, power of the Holy Spirit and exemplary life style
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with John 1:4
Read the Bible in one Year
Psalms 103–104; Gal. 4
Thanks for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 18th August 2020 – To The Desert Road. Please share this topic with other people.