DCLM Daily Manna 21st August 2020 Devotional – It Can’t Be Better Out There by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: IT CAN’T BE BETTER OUT THERE
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 21:1-11
1. Now Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David. And Jehoram his son reigned in his stead.
2. And he had brethren the sons of Jehoshaphat, Azariah, and Jehiel, and Zechariah, and Azariah, and Michael, and Shephatiah; all these were the sons of Jehoshaphat king of Israel.
3. And their father gave them great gifts of silver, and of gold, and of precious things, with fenced cities in Judah; but the kingdom gave he to Jehoram; because he was the firstborn.
4. Now when Jehoram was risen up to the kingdom of his father, he strengthened himself, and slew all his brethren with the sword, and divers also of the princes of Israel.
5. Jehoram was thirty and two years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eight years in Jerusalem.
6. And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, like as did the house of Ahab; for he had the daughter of Ahab to wife; and he wrought that which was evil in the eyes of the LORD.
DCLM Daily Manna 21st August 2020 Devotional by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
7. Howbeit the LORD would not destroy the house of David, because of the covenant that he had made with David, and as he promised to give a light to him and to his sons for ever.
8. In his days the Edomites revolted from under the dominion of Judah, and made themselves a king.
9. Then Jehoram went forth with his princes, and all his chariots with him; and he rose up by night, and smote the Edomites which compassed him in, and the captains of the chariots.
10. So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the LORD God of his fathers.
11. Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Judah, and caused the inhabitants of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Judah thereto.
KEY VERSE: “So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the LORD God of his fathers.” – (2 Chronicles 21:10)
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 21st August 2020 Devotional
The founding fathers of the United States of America laid the foundation of the nation on absolute faith and trust in God and sound biblical principles. This is reflected in their motto, “In God We Trust”. It was not any wonder therefore that the nation experienced rapid growth, flourished and prospered. But in the past few years, the nation that once boasted their faith in God had begun to shift very far away from Him and embraced liberalism and all forms of permissiveness. As a result, they had become vulnerable to all forms of attacks and woes.
Jehoshaphat in his lifetime had helped to build a strong, united, powerful, peaceful and prosperous nation under God. He had proved the saying true that “righteousness exalts a nation”. But soon after his death, his son, Jehoram who succeeded him went the opposite direction. Influenced by his alliance with the ungodly Ahab and his marriage to his daughter, he dragged the nation back to idolatry and all forms of abominations, and subjected her to enemies’ attack.
It can never get better when any nation, group or individual turns away from God. This is the truth every Christian must understand and admit. No matter how inviting and promising the fantasy of worldly pleasure may seem, it cannot get better out there.
To continue to enjoy the blessings and favour that our fathers in the faith bequeathed to us, we must commit ourselves to walk in their steps and follow their faith. The nation of Judah would no doubt have continued in strength, peace and prosperity had Jehoram followed the steps of his father. Let us learn from this. Avoid every association and influence that will turn you away from God. Have you in anyway been deceived to turn away from God? Come home; the Father awaits you! There is no better place other than the blessed fold of God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Our lives will turn apart when we turn away from God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 21st August 2020 Devotional – It Can’t Be Better Out There by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this topic with other people.
Our Daily Bread5 days ago
Our Daily Bread 14th September 2020 Devotional – Goodbyes And Hellos
Live Stream6 days ago
Catholic Sunday Mass 13th September 2020 Today Live Online – Livestream
Our Daily Bread6 days ago
Our Daily Bread Sunday 13th September 2020 Devotional – Friendly Fin
Catholic Daily Mass Readings6 days ago
Catholic Sunday Daily Mass Readings 13th September 2020 Today
Rhapsody of Realities 20206 days ago
Rhapsody Of Realities 13th September 2020 – Perfect And Complete In Him