￼Scripture Union Daily Guide 28th August 2020 – Consider The Steadfast Love Of The Lord
Topic: Consider The Steadfast Love Of The Lord
Opening Prayer: “O Lord, grant me spiritual insight into the truth of your word as I study it”. Psalm107:23–43
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
Today’s Message: Scripture Union Daily Guide 28th August 2020
The last category of people mentioned are those who do business on the seas. These business people ran into all kinds of dangers. Read vv.25–27 and find out the problems which confronted them “in their evil plight”. They cried to the Lord in their trouble and the Lord delivered them.
Compare v.29 with Mark 4:36–39. What can we learn about Christ Jesus our Lord? Read also Matthew 11:28 and consider how you may invite Christ into your life’s storms. Do you need to wait until storms arise? Read also Matthew 28:20 and note that the Lord has promised to be with us till the close of the age. Vv.31–32 encourages believers in Christ to give thanks always to the Lord and we are to do this in the assembly of God’s people.
Read vv. 33–43 and find out in general the help God gives to his people. Contrast vv.33–34 with 35–37. God is able to change the desert and hungry circumstances of the upright into great blessings for them always. Are you in hard conditions presently? Call upon the Lord.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Thought: Our sinful attitudes can bring us into very difficult conditions. However, if we repent from our sins and cry to the Lord in our troubles, he will save us.
• Lord, teach me wisdom in my heart, that I may always consider your unfailing love to me.
• Pray that God will sustain all Christian literature and Bible printers and publishers.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with I kings 3:9
Read the Bible in one Year: Psalms 126–128; 2 Cor. 8
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 28th August 2020 – Consider The Steadfast Love Of The Lord. Please share this topic with other people.