Scripture Union Daily Guide 25th September 2020
TODAY’S TOPIC: “YOU KNOW?”
Opening Prayer: Help me dear Lord to meet with you as I meditate on your word in Jesus name
Key Verse: 1 Thessalonians 2:1–12
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
TODAY’S MESSAGE: Scripture Union Daily Guide 25th September 2020
Notice the frequency of the phrase, “You know?” and others related with it in our text (vv. 1–2, 5, 9–11). Enumerate what the Thessalonians knew about Paul and his companions as they preached the gospel (vv.1–6, 9–12). Unless your life matches your message, you cannot have the boldness and confidence of Paul, and your labour will not be fruitful.
Suffering and opposition are no hindrances to the gospel as seen in the life of Paul (v.2). Christians, especially missionaries, have suffered persecutions and death in the course of preaching the gospel. We must learn to depend on God’s help and the power of the Holy Spirit (v.2; c.f. 1:5).
Paul demonstrated parental attributes in his ministry. For example, he exhibited gentleness, and care. Identify the remaining four attributes in vv.7–8 and 11–12. When we have such a heart towards people as we reach out to them with the gospel, we will not only share the word of God, but our very lives also. What a challenge!
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• And so: How can you be a positive influence to someone as Paul was to the Thessalonians? Work on your plans this week.
• Take my love; my Lord; I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all, for Thee
(Golden Bells # 482:6).
• Thank God for Scripture Union and other organizations that produce Christian materials to understand the needs of the time and meet them.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Jeremiah 9:26
Read the Bible in one Year: Ezek. 16–17; John 11 :30–57
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 25th September 2020 – “You Know”?