DCLM Daily Manna 31st October 2020 Devotional Today Message written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: A LIGHT UNTO MY FEET
TEXT: Psalm 119:105-112
105. NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106. I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
107. I am afflicted very much; quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word.
108. Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me thy judgments.
109. My soul is continually in my hand; yet do I not forget thy law.
110. The wicked have laid a snare for me; yet I erred not from thy precepts.
111. Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever; for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
112. I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.
KEY VERSE: “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” – Psalm 119:105
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 31st October 2020 Devotional
Haldor Lillenas, an ordained minister in theChurch of the Nazarene, was reputed for composing hymns with focus on holy living. In one of the hymns he composed in 1917, Lillenas succinctly captured the power of the Bible.
As Lillenas rightly put it, the Bible is a roadmap for all believers. As compass guides a ship in the right direction, so does the word of God in the life of a believer. Undoubtedly, the world is full of darkness. Without God’s word, a man’s pathway will be dark. He will stumble. But with His word, he will never fall.
From our text, we discover that to walk safely in this world full of wickedness and evil, we need God’s word to guide us. This is the only guarantee that can deliver us from the snares of the wicked. Outside Christ is a thick darkness that beclouds the way of man. Christ is the Light of the world. Those who walk with Him will not walk in darkness. He that walks in the light of the word of God will not stumble.
Like the psalmist testified, the light of the gospel will always illuminate the path of those who have made a solemn declaration to honour His words. God’s word is the light that guides us from falling into the pit of death and guarantees us daily victory. It helps us to make proper decision about issues capable of bringing ruin upon our lives.
As Christians, we must devote quality time to studying the Bible every day. Jeremiah 15:16 says: “Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name…”. If you must share the same testimony, read, study and meditate on His word daily with unquenchable thirst. Also, live every moment of your life to honour His word.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God’s words makes fools wise and the wise wiser.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 28-30
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 31st October 2020 Devotional – A Light Unto My Feet by Pastor W.F Kumuyi