Scripture Union Daily Guide 13th November 2020 – Paul’s Special Visions And Revelations
You are reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide Devotions for Friday 13th November 2020. Be inspired by today’s reading. God bless you!
TOPIC: PAUL’S SPECIAL VISIONS AND REVELATIONS
Opening Prayer: Make my life oh Lord a reflection of you as I study your word.
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 12:1-13
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
• Is there any other Biblical passage that can help me understand this passage better?
MESSAGE: Scripture Union Daily Guide 13th November 2020
Paul as a man who had tremendous visions and revelations was speaking about himself here in a veiled manner. A very rare revelation is described in vv.3–4. This special vision of paradise and what he heard was, in a sense, a super experience that could make Paul boast wherever he went.
Note what he resolves to do so as to pre–empt such temptation (v.6). Does this speak to you? In addition, God allowed a recurrent painful experience (possibly a form of physical ailment) which God refused to remove even after many fervent prayers. This is the same man who prayed and raised the dead.
Notice his understanding of the purpose of this ‘thorn in the flesh’ (v.7) and the Lord’s response to his concerted prayers (v.9). The knowledge of God’s dealings with us helps a lot when we face tough times. For Paul, this knowledge brought a change of attitude and indeed, joy in suffering (vv.9b–10).
Some years ago, a preacher came to our school and taught that Christians don’t fall sick and they live trouble–free lives because of the power of prayer. How do you assess such teaching in the light of Paul’s experience? Often God allows difficult situations in the lives of his children to remind them, like Paul, to always rely on his power in their lives.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• And So: Are there any situatons you are facing at the moment that are already affecting your actions? Look unto Jesus the author and the finisher of your faith.
• Thank you, dear Lord, for your grace which is ever sufficient in all situations you allow me to pass through.
• Pray for Christian writers to have more inspiration.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with John 8:32
Read The Bible In One Year: 1 Chron. 10–12; Luke 1:39–56
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 13th November 2020 – Paul’s Special Visions And Revelations