DCLM Daily Manna 17th November 2020 Devotional – A Table In The Wilderness
You are reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Monday 17th November 2020 written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi. Be inspired by today’s reading. God bless you!
TOPIC: A TABLE IN THE WILDERNESS
TEXT: Matthew 15:32-39
32. Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat; and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.
33. And his disciples say unto him, Whence should we have so much bread in the wilderness, as to fill so great a multitude?
34. And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.
35. And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.
36. And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
37. And they did all eat, and were filled; and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.
38. And they that did eat were four thousand men, beside women and children.
39. And he sent away the multitude, and took ship, and came into the coasts of Magdala.
KEY VERSE: “Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.” – Matthew 15:32
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 17th November 2020 Devotional
Miracles are God’s interventions in the course of nature. The earthly ministry of Christ was characterised by such events. Each account of the recorded miracles of Christ is inspiring and teaches some beneficial principles. In today’s text can be found one of those miracles.
Here is a demonstration of passion, pity, power and provision. The first lesson for us here is the passion of the multitude. They were so eager for and attentive to Christ’s teaching that they forgot necessary food for three days. Feeding the multitude was Christ’s initiative and was borne out of pity for their physical state
God is concerned about our spiritual welfare as well as our physical and material well-being. Christ used seven loaves of bread and a few little fishes to feed four thousand men, beside women and children.
This is a miracle of provision par excellence. He could do without the available supply and still feed the people but He chose what was available. He can use what is readily around you to solve your problem. There was no scramble among the people; they obeyed His instruction to sit down.
Therefore, “Let all things be done decently and in order” (1 Corinthians 14:40). Does Jesus care when economic distress and poverty are threatening? Oh, yes! He cares. His heart is touched with your grief. He not only cares, He has the power to “[set] a table in the wilderness” for you. Do your part: trust and obey His word.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: He is able to provide for His children.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 22-24
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 17th November 2020 Devotional – A Table In The Wilderness