Anglican Daily Fountain 17 November 2022 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
DO YOU KNOW? You can be more inspired by reading other inspirational devotionals by great Authors. Click Link To Read: TODAY DEVOTIONAL
TODAY’S TOPIC: FAITH NEVER FAILS
TEXT: Daniel 3:19-30(NKJV)
19. Then Nebuchadnezzar was full of fury, and the expression on his face changed toward Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. He spoke and commanded that they heat the furnace seven times more than it was usually heated.
20. And he commanded certain mighty men of valor who [were] in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, [and] cast [them] into the burning fiery furnace.
21. Then these men were bound in their coats, their trousers, their turbans, and their [other] garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
22. Therefore, because the king’s command was urgent, and the furnace exceedingly hot, the flame of the fire killed those men who took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego.
23. And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24. Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste [and] spoke, saying to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.”
25. “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.”
26. Then Nebuchadnezzar went near the mouth of the burning fiery furnace [and] spoke, saying, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, servants of the Most High God, come out, and come [here.”] Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego came from the midst of the fire.
27. And the satraps, administrators, governors, and the king’s counselors gathered together, and they saw these men on whose bodies the fire had no power; the hair of their head was not singed nor were their garments affected, and the smell of fire was not on them.
28. Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, who sent His Angel and delivered His servants who trusted in Him, and they have frustrated the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they should not serve nor worship any god except their own God!
29. “Therefore I make a decree that any people, nation, or language which speaks anything amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made an ash heap; because there is no other God who can deliver like this.”
30. Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego in the province of Babylon.
TODAY’S DAILY FOUNTAIN STUDY:
King Nebuchadnezzar was terribly angry with Shedrach, Meshach, and Abednego for refusing to worship the gold image he ordered to be set up. Therefore, he ordered that the furnace be heated seven times more than it was usually done and that they should be thrown into the fiery furnace. Because the furnace was exceedingly hot, the flame of the fire killed the men who threw them in.
The three Hebrew Brothers remained resolutely steadfast in their faith in the face of a death sentence. They believed in the LORD and held on to the word of God which says, “When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you” (Isa. 43:2). Their faith worked for them. Beloved, are you facing any life-threatening circumstances? You are not alone.
The “Son of God” who was with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego (v.25) in the furnace of fire, is very much with you. If God is for you, who can be against you? (cf Rom. 8:31). Faith never fails, rather it promotes. Have faith in the Living God.
PRAYER: O Lord my God, in Your mercy, increase my faith through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Thanks for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 17 November 2022 (Devotional Today)