Anglican Daily Fountain 25 July 2022 Monday | James: A Zealous Disciple
Read and Meditate on Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional for 25th July 2022 Monday. May the Lord bless you as you study today!
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN FOR 25 JULY 2022 DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: JAMES: A ZEALOUS DISCIPLE
TEXT: Acts 11:27-12:2(NKJV)
27. And in these days prophets came from Jerusalem to Antioch.
28. Then one of them, named Agabus, stood up and showed by the Spirit that there was going to be a great famine throughout all the world, which also happened in the days of Claudius Caesar.
29. Then the disciples, each according to his ability, determined to send relief to the brethren dwelling in Judea.
30. This they also did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.
31. Now about that time Herod the king stretched out [his] hand to harass some from the church.
32. Then he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
Anglican Daily Fountain 25 July 2022 Monday STUDY:
Today, we commemorate St. James, the son of Zebedee, one of the Twelve Apostles. Though he was a devoted and zealous disciple, his life was cut short by King Herod (v.2). King Herod, at the time the Church was beginning to expand, raised a persecution against her and killed James, the brother of John. James, together with Peter and John, formed the innermost circle of associates of Jesus Christ.
The three were present when Jesus raised Jairus’ daughter (Mark 5:37; Luke 8:51); witnessed the transfiguration (Matt. 17:1; Mark 9:2) and were summoned by Christ for support during His agony in Gethsemane (Matt. 26:36-37; Mark 14:32-34). James and John, because of their fanaticism, were called ‘Boanerges’ or ‘sons of thunder’ by the Lord Jesus Christ (Mark 3:17). James was the first of the twelve apostles to be martyred at around A.D. 44 by King Herod.
Beloved, the apostles of Christ did not count their lives dear but launched themselves to the deep of soul-winning and World Evangelisation. They were determined to fulfil the Great Commission and they all died one cruel death or the other in a bid to fulfil the Master’s mandate. You should also strive to have your name written on the sands of time in preaching the Gospel of Christ.
It is important that you carry the message of God’s love in your heart every day and ensure you share the love of Christ with someone each day. The early Church was preoccupied with the message of the cross of Christ and we cannot do less. God counts on you!
PRAYER: Dear Lord, give me the passion to preach the Gospel and share the love of Christ every day, in Jesus’ name. Amen
Anglican Daily Fountain 25 July 2022 Monday
- Monday Morning Prayer 25 July 2022 | Bible Verse And Inspiration
- Seeds of Destiny | 25 July 2022 Monday | SOD Devotional
- Open Heaven Teens for 25 July 2022 | Monday: Hero Worship?
- July 25, 2022 Bible Verse for Monday | The Lord’s Glory
- Joyce Meyer 25 July 2022 Devotional for Monday