Anglican Daily Fountain 26 November 2022 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
DO YOU KNOW? You can be more inspired by reading other inspirational devotionals by great Authors. Click Link To Read: TODAY DEVOTIONAL
TODAY’S TOPIC: HOW FAR CAN YOU GO?
TEXT: Philemon 1:17-25(NKJV)
1. Again the word of the LORD of hosts came, saying,
2. “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘I am zealous for Zion with great zeal; With great fervor I am zealous for her.’
3. “Thus says the LORD: ‘I will return to Zion, And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the LORD of hosts, The Holy Mountain.’
4. “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Old men and old women shall again sit In the streets of Jerusalem, Each one with his staff in his hand Because of great age.
5. The streets of the city Shall be full of boys and girls Playing in its streets.’
6. “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘If it is marvelous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, Will it also be marvelous in My eyes?’ Says the LORD of hosts.
7. “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Behold, I will save My people from the land of the east And from the land of the west;
8. I will bring them [back,] And they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be My people And I will be their God, In truth and righteousness.’
9. ” Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Let your hands be strong, You who have been hearing in these days These words by the mouth of the prophets, Who [spoke] in the day the foundation was laid For the house of the LORD of hosts, That the temple might be built.
10. For before these days [There were] no wages for man nor any hire for beast; [There was] no peace from the enemy for whoever went out or came in; For I set all men, everyone, against his neighbor.
11. ‘But now I [will] not [treat] the remnant of this people as in the former days,’ says the LORD of hosts.
12. ‘For the seed [shall be] prosperous, The vine shall give its fruit, The ground shall give her increase, And the heavens shall give their dew — I will cause the remnant of this people To possess all these.
13. And it shall come to pass [That] just as you were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, So I will save you, and you shall be a blessing. Do not fear, Let your hands be strong.’
- November 23, 2022 Your Daily Bible Verse for Wednesday
- November 23, 2022 Your Daily Prayer For Wednesday
- Prophetic Word For Today 23 November 2022 | Wednesday
- Dr. David Jeremiah Turning Point 23rd November 2022
- Dr. Charles Stanley In Touch Devotional for 23 November 2022
TODAY’S DAILY FOUNTAIN STUDY:
In this passage we are challenged by the fatherhood or friendship of Paul with Onesimus, his new convert. After Onesimus’ redemption, Paul participated fully and actively in ensuring his restoration. The manner he reached out to his estranged Master – Philemon – was remarkable. He placed his reputation, his finances, his social capital and spiritual standing at the disposal of Onesimus, in order to effect his restoration.
It was done unreservedly and selflessly. Let us pay attention to verses 17-19. This is the true brotherhood that should exist among believers. We need to help one another go through the full process of restoration, outside salvation. Our friendship or brotherhood should cost us something, beyond lip-service. The blood of Christ shed for us should enable us share ourselves for others.
PRAYER: Lord, use me as a vessel of restoration to others and may my spiritual credibility be worth spending for the brethren
Thanks for reading Anglican Daily Fountain 26 November 2022 (Devotional Today)