Anglican Daily Fountain 7 February 2023 (Devotional Today)
Welcome to Today’s Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Church of Nigeria. Daily Fountain is a daily reading devotional for all Anglicans and Non-Anglicans to read, study, share and discuss the Word of God on a daily basis.
TODAY’S TOPIC: BLESSINGS OF JOSEPH IN EGYPT
TEXT: Genesis 48: 1-12(NKJV)
1. Now it came to pass after these things that Joseph was told, “Indeed your father [is] sick”; and he took with him his two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim.
2. And Jacob was told, “Look, your son Joseph is coming to you”; and Israel strengthened himself and sat up on the bed.
3. Then Jacob said to Joseph: “God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan and blessed me,
4. “and said to me, ‘Behold, I will make you fruitful and multiply you, and I will make of you a multitude of people, and give this land to your descendants after you [as] an everlasting possession.’
5. “And now your two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, who were born to you in the land of Egypt before I came to you in Egypt, [are] mine; as Reuben and Simeon, they shall be mine.
6. “Your offspring whom you beget after them shall be yours; they will be called by the name of their brothers in their inheritance.
7. “But as for me, when I came from Padan, Rachel died beside me in the land of Canaan on the way, when [there was] but a little distance to go to Ephrath; and I buried her there on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem).”
8. Then Israel saw Joseph’s sons, and said, “Who [are] these?”
9. And Joseph said to his father, “They [are] my sons, whom God has given me in this [place.”] And he said, “Please bring them to me, and I will bless them.”
10. Now the eyes of Israel were dim with age, [so that] he could not see. Then Joseph brought them near him, and he kissed them and embraced them.
11. And Israel said to Joseph, “I had not thought to see your face; but in fact, God has also shown me your offspring!”
12. So Joseph brought them from beside his knees, and he bowed down with his face to the earth.
- Seeds of Destiny 6 February 2023: Discovery, A Key To Destiny Fulfilment
- NSPPD Live Today 6th February 2023 || Miracle Service
- Daily Gospel Reflections for 6th February 2023 (Monday)
Anglican Daily Fountain 8th February 2023 STUDY:
Joseph was only a teenager when he was sold into Egypt, however, he grew to become a man in Egypt and married Pharaoh’s daughter (Gen. 41: 45),so that he would be more responsible. On hearing that his father was sick, Joseph went with his two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim to see him. Jacob related how God promised to bless him and his children and thereafter adopted Joseph’s two sons as his.
As his father Jacob confessed, he never expected to see Joseph alive, but now he saw even Joseph’s children. He requested Joseph to bring them close for his blessing. Christians should visit their parents regularly and be helpful to them. Every good and perfect gift comes from above. God blessed Joseph with two sons because He will show mercy to whom He will show mercy and have compassion on whom He will have compassion on (Rom. 9: 15). The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong (Eccl. 9: 11).
When God decides to bless someone, no one, no force and no power can stop it. God has a blessing for you today. That will be your portion in Jesus’ name. Amen.
PRAYER: Father; help me to count my blessings one by one and be surprised at what the Lord has done.
Thanks for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain 7 February 2023 (Devotional Today)