Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional for Sunday 21st February 2021 – It Is Written
You are reading Today Daily Fountain Devotional of the Anglican Communion, today Friday 19th February 2021. May God bless you as you study.
TODAY’S TOPIC: IT IS WRITTEN
TEXT: Matthew 4:1 -11(NKJV)
1. Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
2. And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.
3. Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”
4. But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”
5. Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple,
6. and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’ and, ‘In [their] hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”
7. Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the LORD your God.’ ”
8. Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9. And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”
10. Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”
11. Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.
STUDY: Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional for Sunday 21st February 2021
The solution to overcoming temptation is the word of God in you. Jesus overcame the devil with the written word. Jesus Christ, our Lord. knows the word and quoted it to overcome the devil: “It is writtten.
It is not enough to know the Word of God in your heart but to use it as a weapon of warfare, “The sword of the Spirit” (Eph. 6:17b). It is not enough to have the sword in the sheath; it must be drawn and wielded to fight the enemy.
So, we must quote the word in every situation. John 6:63 says “The word that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life.” When the word is quoted, it moves to accomplish the purpose for which it was sent. Isaiah 55:11 says, “So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. ” How much of the word do you know? Do you make use of it to overcome the devil?
The word must be heard, read, studied, meditated upon, memorised, spoken or quoted. John 5:39 says, “Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life and they are they which testify of me.” How much do you apply the Word?
TODAY’S PRAYER: Oh Lord, teach me your Word and may I boldly use it to defeat the enemy.
Thanks for reading Today’s Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional for Sunday 21st February 2021 – It Is Written. Please share this with other people.
- Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 19th February 2021 -Serving Two Masters
- ODM Our Daily Manna Devotional for 20th February 2021 – Take This New Yoke As You Run Your Race!