Charles Stanley’s In Touch Devotional 21 February 2022 | How to Deal With Sin
Today’s Charles Stanley’s In Touch Devotional 21st February 2022
Read and Meditate on In Touch Daily Devotional for Monday 21 February 2022, written by Dr Charles Stanley.
TODAY’S TOPIC: HOW TO DEAL WITH SIN
We can’t eliminate sin from our life, but we can confess it to the Lord and draw closer to Him.
SCRIPTURE: 1 John 1:5-10, 1 John 2:1-6
Message: Charles Stanley’s In Touch Devotional 21 February 2022
Christ’s sacrifice on the cross paid for all our sins, but believers are still susceptible to temptation and disobedience. Therefore, we must understand what to do when we yield to our sinful desires. Knowing our struggle, God has graciously given us a way to receive cleansing so we can continue to grow in holiness. We’re to …
• See sin as God sees it. Our Father is absolutely pure, and to Him, every sin is an offense that violates His law, grieves the Holy Spirit, and belittles Christ’s sacrifice.
• Take responsibility for it. Trying to soften sin’s heinous nature by calling it a mistake, weakness, or shortcoming is unacceptable. We must acknowledge our guilt and disobedience rather than make excuses or blame others.
• Confess it. Agreeing with God about our wrongdoing is a blessed privilege because He then washes us clean of the guilt. And what’s more, He empowers us to turn away from that sin in repentance so we can begin walking afresh in holiness.
Although John explained how we are to deal with sin, his main purpose was to encourage us to turn from it and walk in obedience to God. The longer we are Christians, the less sin should characterize our life.
Bible in One Year: Deuteronomy 1-2
Thanks for reading Charles Stanley’s In Touch Devotional 21 February 2022
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 21st February 2022 | At Thy Word
- Anglican Daily Fountain 21 February 2022 | A National Lamentation
- Streams In The Desert 21st February 2022 | Wait with Patience
- Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 21st February 2022 | SU Devotional
- Billy Graham Devotions 21st February 2022 | Wisdom for Today