Daily Guide 5 February 2024 || Scripture Union Devotional
Scripture Union Daily Guide 5th February 2024 (Monday)
Do You Know That? Daily Guide Reading is published by Scripture Union Press & Books Ltd, an arm of Scripture Union Nigeria. Daily Guide is a true nondenominational, interdenominational Christian Bible engagement/reading aid – meditate on the Bible without denominational colorations. May the Lord bless you as you study!
TODAY’S TOPIC: JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, expose me to your truth as I read your word in Jesus name.
SCRIPTURE: JOHN 7:25-36
Question(s) for Reflection
• Q2: Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Q7: What truth is God revealing to me in this passage?
Outline For Scripture Union Daily Guide 5 February 2024
Notice the dilemma the ordinary Jews were facing in vs.25-26. We often fall into confusion when we fail to either study and understand the Word of God or listen to the message God is sending to us through His servants. For where the Christ was to be born, see Matthew 2:3-6 (cf. Micah 5:2).
Jesus made it clear that He is not only human but also divine (vs.28-29). There are people in church today who still doubt the divine nature of Christ. Such people are vulnerable vessels who oftentimes oppose the truth. Jesus is still testifying through His word that He is the Saviour and Lord (John 5:39-40). Accepting this truth is a matter of choice.
Read v.32 again; notice those who wanted to arrest Jesus. As church leaders, do we destroy young talents or encourage them to grow? Compare Acts 18:26.
Despite the controversies, many still believed in Jesus. Why? See v.31. These ones decided to stand for the truth despite the threat of persecution from the religious leaders. To overcome the darkness of unbelief in our society we must be ready to stand for the truth, possible persecution notwithstanding.
What next? Stand for the truth. Your Christian testimony can help the faith of others (Matthew 5:14-16).
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
Thank you, Lord, for opening my heart to know and accept you as my saviour. Help me to stand for and proclaim this truth to others.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with 1 Kings 5:4
“But now the LORD my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent.”
One-Year Bible Reading Plan
Daily Bible Reading Plan: Day 36 – Exodus 19-21
NATIONAL PRAYER BULLETIN FEBRUARY 5, 2024
Therefore, my beloved brethren, stand firm, let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58
THANK GOD FOR:
• His help in keeping the Region in adverse situation
• Brethren making themselves available to move the work forward.
• Breakthrough in the businesses of our brethren
• Onitsha Regional Chairman and his team, as they daily embark on moving the work forward; Grace, wisdom and strength
• All the Areas, Zones and Groups to be involved in aggressive evangelism, and discipleship to help the growth of the work at the grassroots
• Spiritual growth in their individual lives, families and the fellowships.