DCLM Daily Manna 3rd June 2022 | Deeper Life Devotional
Read and Meditate on Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Thursday 3 June 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study His word today!
TODAY’S DCLM DAILY MANNA 3RD JUNE 2022 THURSDAY DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: BE A CHANNEL OF BLESSING
TEXT: Deuteronomy 15:1-11
1. At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release.
2. And this is the manner of the release; Every creditor that lendeth ought unto his neighbour shall release it; he shall not exact it of his neighbour, or of his brother; because it is called the LORD’S release.
3. Of a foreigner thou mayest exact it again; but that which is thine with thy brother thine hand shall release;
4. Save when there shall be no poor among you; for the LORD shall greatly bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it;
5. Only if thou carefully hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all these commandments which I command thee this day.
6. For the LORD thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee; and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.
7. If there be among you a poor man of one of thy brethren within any of thy gates in thy land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother;
8. But thou shalt open thine hand wide unto him, and shalt surely lend him sufficient for his need, in that which he wanteth.
9. Beware that there be not a thought in thy wicked heart, saying, The seventh year, the year of release, is at hand; and thine eye be evil against thy poor brother, and thou givest him nought; and he cry unto the LORD against thee, and it be sin unto thee.
10. Thou shalt surely give him, and thine heart shall not be grieved when thou givest unto him; because that for this thing the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thy works, and in all that thou puttest thine hand unto.
11. For the poor shall never cease out of the land; therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.
KEY VERSE: “For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.” – (Deuteronomy 15:11)
DCLM Daily Manna 3rd June 2022 | Deeper Life Devotional Message:
A poor young man had lost his phone and could not reach his former boss for a long time. He could not buy another phone to reach him because he was too poor. One day, he discussed his challenge with someone who had pity on him and gave him an old phone of his. As soon as he inserted his SIM into the phone, his boss called him. That week, he sent a huge sum of money to him with which he started a business. He was grateful to the man who gave him the phone and how God had used him as a channel of blessing.
In our text, God specifically gave the children of Israel the instruction to release those indebted to them at the end of every seven years. He directed them to forgive poor brethren who are unable to repay their debt; and that they must forget the debt. God expected the privileged not to refuse the poor the opportunity to borrow, particularly, when it is toward the end of the seventh year for fear of inability to get back their money.
Truly, “the poor shall never cease out of the land”. But the onus is on the rich to lend to the poor. One of the major problems in societies nowadays is disparity on wealth distribution. While few are so rich, many others live in abject poverty. This inequality has always bred rancour in society.
In the household of faith, privileged believers are enjoined to be their brother’s keeper. Let us determine to always be channels of blessing to the needy.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: “He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord…”
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 9-11
Thanks for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 3rd June 2022 | Deeper Life Devotional
- Daily Mass Readings Wednesday, 1st June 2022
- The Upper Room Devotional 1 June 2022 | A Place To Retreat
- Joel Osteen 1st June 2022 Daily Devotional | Open Rewards
- David Jeremiah 1 June 2022 Devotional | Turning Point
- John Hagee 1 June 2022 Daily Devotional (New Month) | Luke 10:34
Click To Read Powerful Devotional: JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE