DCLM Daily Manna 4th September 2022 | Responding To The Prophet
Read and Meditate on Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Sunday 4 September 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study His word today
TODAY’S DCLM DAILY MANNA FOR SUNDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2022 DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: RESPONDING TO THE PROPHET
TEXT: Deuteronomy 18:14-22
14. For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners; but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.
15. The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
16. According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.
17. And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18. I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
20. But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
21. And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
22. When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously; thou shalt not be afraid of him.
- Streams of JOY Devotional 2 September 2022 | Don’t Lose Hope
- John Hagee Devotional 2 September 2022 Friday | Proverbs 18:10
- Prophetic Declarations for 2nd September 2022 New Month
- In Touch Devotional 2 September 2022 | Dr Charles Stanley Today
- Seeds of Destiny Devotional, 2 September 2022 (SOD For Friday)
- Live Daily Mass 2 September 2022 || Ss. Peter & Paul’s Church Ireland
- Our Daily Bread, Friday 2nd September 2022, ODB Devotional
“I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.” – (Deuteronomy 18:18).
DCLM Daily Manna 4th September 2022 | MESSAGE:
Man’s response to God’s servants over the centuries points to the depth of their obedience to Him. Receiving them and obeying all the commandments He gives His messengers to deliver to man would indicate respect and honour for Him. On the other hand, rejecting those who bring His word amounts to rejecting Him, an action that would not go without commensurate punishment.
While the children of Israel approached the Promised Land, the Lord reminded them that although Moses, their leader would not be with them in their new country, a greater Shepherd would be provided, who would not only be available for Israel, but for humanity throughout all generations. The Lord promised a Prophet greater than all the previous ones and those to come. He said He would “put [His] words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that [He] shall command him.”
Jesus Christ is that Prophet. No other one before or after Him has matched the description in our passage. He acted with the authority of the Father in heaven. He spoke as no man ever spoke. He performed astonishing miracles that broke all records. He told the world He could forgive sins here on earth, thus proving that He possessed divine powers. He predicted He would die for sinful man and rise again the third day, and it was fulfilled.
Since Christ met all these conditions needed to believe in Him as the true Prophet of God, our reaction to Him is to submit, believe and obey His words. One of His declarations shortly before He left the world was that He would go to prepare mansions in heaven for those who believe in Him and then return to take them to live there forever. As believers, we are to “occupy till [He] come[s]”.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Believe in Jesus Christ, the final Prophet.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: