DCLM Daily Manna 5th May 2022 | Deeper Life Devotional
Read and Meditate on Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Thursday 5 May 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study His word today!
TODAY’S DCLM DAILY MANNA 5TH MAY 2022 THURSDAY DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: STEER CLEAR OF GREED
TEXT: Luke 12:13-31
13. And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.
14. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?
15. And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness; for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
16. And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully;
17. And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18. And he said, This will I do; I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee; then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21. So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
22. And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
23. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
24. Consider the ravens; for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them; how much more are ye better than the fowls?
25. And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
26. If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
27. Consider the lilies how they grow; they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
29. And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after; and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
KEY VERSE: “And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.” – (Luke 12:15)
DCLM Daily Manna 5th May 2022 Message:
Leo Tolstoy once wrote a story about a successful peasant farmer who wanted more of everything. One day, he received a novel offer. For 1,000 rubles, he could own all the land and walk around in a day. The only catch in the deal was that he had to be back at his starting point by sundown.
Early the next morning, he started out walking at a fast pace. By midday, he was very tired, but kept going, covering more ground. Well into the afternoon, he realised his greed had taken him far from the starting point. He quickened his pace as the sun began to sink low in the sky. He began to run, knowing that if he could not make it to the starting point, the opportunity to become even bigger landholder would be lost.
Gasping for breath, he kept running until he got to the starting point where he collapsed and eventually died. While answering a question by someone about dividing inheritance, Jesus warned against covetousness. He backed up His teaching with a story of a greedy man, who had to pull down his barn to make space for a bigger one to store his goods after a bountiful harvest.
Trusting in his store of goods, he relaxed, thinking he has amassed enough to last him a lifetime. Suddenly he died and left everything behind. Jesus ended by encouraging us not to worry over what to eat, drink or wear. We should seek first the kingdom of God and all other things shall be added to us. Little is much when God is in it. Satisfaction and happiness comes from God. We should, therefore, accommodate Him in all our pursuits and plans.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your soul is more important than anything.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 17-18
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 5th May 2022 | Deeper Life Devotional
Click To Read Powerful Devotional: JOEL OSTEEN ⊗ OPEN HEAVEN ⊗ OUR DAILY BREAD TODAY ⊗ SEEDS OF DESTINY ⊗ JOYCE MEYER DEVOTIONAL ⊗ RHAPSODY OF REALITIES ⊗ JOHN HAGEE ⊗ MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL ⊗ DCLM DAILY MANNA ⊗ DAILY GUIDE ⊗ WATCH NSPPD LIVE TODAY ⊗ AND LOTS MORE