DCLM Daily Manna 8th July 2022 | Friday – Timeless Precepts
Read and Meditate on Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Friday 8 July 2022 written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi. God bless you as you study His word today!
TODAY’S DCLM DAILY MANNA 8TH JULY 2022 FRIDAY DEVOTIONAL
TOPIC: TIMELESS PRECEPTS
KEY VERSE: “Man’s goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?” (Proverbs 20:24)
TEXT: Proverbs 20:16-30
16. Take his garment that is surety for a stranger; and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.
17. Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.
18. Every purpose is established by counsel; and with good advice make war.
19. He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets; therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.
20. Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness.
21. An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed.
22. Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.
23. Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.
24. Man’s goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?
25. It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make enquiry.
26. A wise king scattereth the wicked, and bringeth the wheel over them.
27. The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
28. Mercy and truth preserve the king; and his throne is upholden by mercy.
29. The glory of young men is their strength; and the beauty of old men is the gray head.
30. The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil; so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.
DCLM Daily Manna 8th July 2022 | Friday MESSAGE:
Thousands of years after King Hezekiah considered it a worthy project to commission the collection of the proverbs of Solomon, many are still receiving profitable guidance from Spirit-guided sayings. Even in his time, Solomon’s proverbs were precious. Many, including an influential Queen of Sheba, travelled to Jerusalem to get first-hand knowledge of the fame of Solomon’s wisdom and riches.
Some of the proverbs in our text reveal why the fame of Solomon in the Israelites’ history contributed to the acceptance of his teachings. Verse 24 establishes the divine source of Solomon’s words which have made them timeless and priceless precepts for all ages. His proverbs apply to both the rulers and their subjects. He teaches that mercy and truth preserves the ruler. Also, we must not recompense evil, but leave vengeance in the hands of God.
Solomon possessed such gems as a young king. He knew the place of wisdom in running the affairs of state in a land that had God as its supreme Leader. No wonder it pleased the Lord to grant his request when he pleaded for wisdom.
However, “a greater than Solomon” has since emerged. He is Jesus Christ, the “Wisdom of God”. We must seek Him above all other needs. He declares, “For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. But…all they that hate me love death” (Proverbs 8:35,36).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God grants wisdom to those who diligently seek it for His work.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 24-25
DCLM Daily Manna 8th July 2022 | Friday – Pastor W.F. Kumuyi
- Morning Prayer 8 July 2022 | Bible Verse And Inspiration
- Daily Prayer For Today 8 July 2022 | Friday
- Streams of Joy Mid-Year Fasting Prayer Points 7th July 2022 | Day 4
- Seeds of Destiny – 7th July 2022 | SOD For Today: Do Not Be Married To Your Mistakes