May 21, 2022 Your Daily Bible Verse | John 1:17
Read and Meditate on Today’s Your Daily Bible Verse of the Day, Saturday 21st May 2022. May the Lord bless you as you study!
YOUR DAILY BIBLE VERSE 21 MAY 2022, SATURDAY
Full of Grace and Truth, Like Jesus by Randy Alcorn
BIBLE VERSE: “For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” – John 1:17
Below are some thoughts about grace and truth and our need for both, in an age where some are all truth and no grace and others are all grace and no truth. (In fact, grace without truth is NOT biblical grace, and truth without grace is NOT biblical truth.)
“Hate the sin, but love the sinner.” No one did either like Jesus.
Truth hates sin. Grace loves sinners. Those full of grace and truth—those full of Jesus—do both.
“‘Then neither do I condemn you,’ Jesus declared. ‘Go now and leave your life of sin’” (John 8:11, NIV).
Attempts to “soften” the gospel by minimizing truth keep people from Jesus. Attempts to “toughen” the gospel by minimizing grace keep people from Jesus. It’s not enough for us to offer grace or truth. We must offer both.
When we offend everybody, we’ve declared truth without grace. When we offend nobody, we’ve watered down truth in the name of grace. John 1:14 tells us Jesus came full of grace AND truth. Let’s not choose between them, but be characterized by both.
Some Scripture that pertains:
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).
“For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ” (John 1:17).
Thanks for reading May 21st, 2022 Your Daily Bible Verse | Saturday
- Seeds of Destiny 21st May 2022 SOD Saturday | The Products of A Purposeful Fast
- You are Here | Nathaniel Bassey featuring Ntokozo Mbambo
- Kenneth Copeland 21 May 2022, Saturday | Faith To Faith Devotional
- Daily Guide 21 May 2022 | Scripture Union Devotional
- MFM Devotional for 21st May 2022 Saturday
- Our Daily Bread 21st May 2022 | ODB Devotional
- UCB Word For Today 21 May 2022 Saturday | Understanding God’s Love for You
- Morning Prayer 21 May 2022 | Daily Inspiration & Bible Verse
- Streams of Joy Devotional 21 May 2022 | Don’t Hurt Yourself