MFM Daily Devotional Today 15 December 2022 (Dr D.K. Olukoya)
Welcome to Mountain of Fire And Miracle Ministries MFM Daily Devotional for December 15th, 2022, written by Dr D.K. Olukoya. Pastor Dr D.K. Olukoya is the General Overseer of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries. He holds a first class Honours degree in Microbiology from the University of Lagos, Nigeria and a Ph. D in Molecular Genetics from the University of Reading, United Kingdom.
TOPIC: THE POWER OF UNITY (II)
Fire Scripture: Numbers 16:1-17
Outline for MFM Devotional Today 15 December 2022
We are called to be ambassadors of unity, peace and progress. It is when we remove disunity far from our camp that we will enjoy the benefits of unity. That is why we will continue to look at other causes of disunity in our discourse today. Hatred and ill feeling are major causes of disunity. We should not allow hatred, bitterness and ill feeling to grow in the garden of our lives. That is why Proverbs 10:12 says that hatred stirs up strifes: but love covers up all sins.
Also, Proverbs 26:24 says, “He who hates disguises it with his lips and lays up deceit within himself.” Another cause of disunity is envy and jealousy. The Bible affirms that where envy is, there is every evil work (James 3:13-14). It also says love does not envy and does not vaunt itself (1 Corinthians 13:4). Galatians 5:26 adds, “Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.” Disunity also often arises where there is favouritism and partiality.
In Acts 6:1, the Bible records that there arose murmuring among the Grecians against the Hebrews because the Grecian widows were neglected. This was in the early church, and the apostles had to deal with the issue. Self-exaltation and desire for leadership also cause disunity. Numbers 12:1-5 shows that Miriam and Aaron rebelled against Moses, desiring power. Numbers 16:1-35 provides an account of Korah’s rebellion against Moses, desiring leadership.
In Luke 22:24, there was strife among the disciples of Jesus on who should be the greatest. Lastly, 3 John 1:9-11 mentions Diotrephes who loved to have preeminence among the brethren and promoted disunity. In 1Timothy 6:3-5, Apostle Paul warned the brethren about false teachers who love to dote about questions and strifes of words, thereby causing strife and disunity. Beloved, the unity of the brethren, families as well as the peaceful co-existence of nations of the world is of
- The Upper Room Devotional for 13th December 2022
- December 13, 2022 Your Daily Bible Verse for Tuesday
- Seeds of Destiny Devotional 13 December 2022
- Dr. Charles Stanley In Touch Devotional for 13 December 2022
- John Hagee Devotional 13 December 2022 – Tuesday
Galatians 5:26 – “Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.”
Unity is strength. We are only strong as we are united, as weak as we are
The spirit of disunity is banished from your life permanently, in the name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINTS: MORNING
1. Spirit of envy, I bind and cast you out of the Church of Christ, in the name of Jesus.
2. Spirit of rebellion, depart from the lives of believers, in the name of Jesus.
3. I reject the spirit of rancour and division, in the name of Jesus.
4. I overcome the spirit of inordinate ambition for position and fame, in the name of Jesus.
5. O God, let Your peace reign in Your Church, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, let Your peace reign in Christian homes, in the name of Jesus.
7. Father, let peace and unity reign in my nation, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Titus 1; Titus 2; Titus 3