MFM Devotional 26th September 2021 Sunday | Sleeping On Duty 1
Welcome to Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional for Sunday 26 September 2021 written by Pastor D.K. Olukoya. God bless you as you study. Kindly share with other people.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL 26TH SEPTEMBER 2021
TOPIC: SLEEPING ON DUTY (I)
Fire Scripture: Matt.26:40-46
MFM Devotional 26 September 2021 MFM Sunday | Outline
Sleep is supposed to be a restful exercise. When done accurately, it should contribute to our physical and mental wellness. During our sleep, we have dreams that could serve as our destiny roadmap. Sometimes, however, sleep is regarded as a mini death, all because we are inactive physically. It is not a surprise therefore to see that the devil wants to put men into a sleeping state; a situation where such persons are physically incapacitated and perhaps spiritually inactive. But as a child of God, you’re supposed to be alert and your spirit man active, even when you’re asleep.
As a result, you will be in a spiritual condition where you can ﬁght back and defend yourself against every invasion of dark powers. Our adversary, the devil is seeking our unguarded hour, the hour of sleep. I pray for you again, you shall not sleep the sleep of death, in Jesus’ name. Sleep is common to all men, irrespective of their position, status, gender or age. All men sleep!
But Christians should not be careless with sleeping, especially the hour of the night, which is the dark hour, when evil thrives. We should be alert and spiritually connected to the Holy Spirit, our source of strength and power. Unfortunately, even the disciples of Jesus, as stated in our ﬁre scripture today, were found sleeping when they should be watchful. What a tragedy! Sleeping on duty?
MFM Devotional 26 September 2021 Sunday | Dr D.K Olukoya
Jesus was facing a serious challenge; He needed all the encouragement and assistance in prayer, but none was coming. He came to them thrice and met them sleeping. He concluded that their spirit was willing but the ﬂesh was weak. That is the point: you must not allow the ﬂesh to subdue your spirit. Decide and determine to pray, even when your ﬂesh is unwilling.
If allowed to have its way, the undisciplined ﬂesh will become a hindrance to your spiritual liberty and growth. Say NO to that strange desire to sleep or slumber at the place of prayer or warfare. Discipline your ﬂesh. Give it no room. Let it not block your spiritual blessings. Sleep can turn you to the enemy’s trash can if you are spiritually careless. Watch and pray! That is the divine counsel. Failure to do so may lead to trouble. Heed the voice of the Master; awake from your slumber and be on ﬁre for God!
Eph. 5:14 – Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
If you don’t have control over your sleeping attitude, you will, likely sleep off the best moments of your life and become an easy prey to the enemy of your destiny fulfilment.
I decree that you shall not sleep in the wrong place and at the wrong time, in the name of Jesus.
- MFM Hymn: Work, for The Night Is Coming
1. Work, for the night is coming,
Work thru the morning hours;
Work while the dew is sparkling,
Work ‘mid springing flow’rs.
Work when the day grows brighter,
Work in the glowing sun;
Work, for the night is coming,
When man’s work is done.
2. Work, for the night is coming,
Work thru the sunny noon;
Fill brightest hours with labour
Rest comes sure and soon.
Give ev’ry flying minute
Something to keep in store;
Work, for the night is coming,
When man works no more.
3. Work, for the night is coming,
Under the sunset skies:
While their tints are glowing,
Work, for daylight flies.
Work till the last beam fadeth,
Fadeth to shine no more;
Work, while the night is dark’ning,
When man’s work is o’er
MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL PRAYER POINTS 26-09-2021
1. O God my Father, deliver me from every purposeless sleep, in the name of Jesus.
2. I shall not be a sleeper on the mountain of power, in the name of Jesus.
3. Every useless sleep assigned to drain away my spiritual strength, clear away by fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. Satanic slumber, I am not your candidate die, in the name of Jesus.
5. I receive divine alertness, in the name of Jesus.
6. My inner man, receive fire and become fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. You spirit of the bed, enticing me to sleep at the time of prayer, I overcome you by the power in the blood of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 1; John 1:1-14
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s MFM Devotional 26th September 2021 Sunday | Sleeping On Duty 1.
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 25 September 2021 | Hypocrisy Is An Attitude
- Seeds Of Destiny 25 September 2021 SOD Guide | Service – A Key To Insight
- Catholic Sunday Mass Readings for 26 September 2021 Online
- Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 26 September 2021 | No One To Stand In The Gap!
- Faith To Faith Devotional 26th September 2021 | Let Your New Man Out