Open Heaven 13th September 2021 Monday – Fearfully and Wonderfully Made! written by Pastor E.A Adeboye
RCCG OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR SEPTEMBER 13, 2021
TOPIC: FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE!
MEMORISE: “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.” – (Genesis 1:27)
READ: Genesis 1:24-31 (KJV)
24. And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind; and it was so.
25. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind; and God saw that it was good.
26. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat; and it was so.
31. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
OPEN HEAVEN 13TH SEPTEMBER 2021 DEVOTIONAL MESSAGE:
God decided to make man the chief of all His creation. This was in order to make the man overseer of all of creation. God decided to make man a ‘small’ god – a similitude of Himself, to rule the earth on His behalf (John 10:34). Psalm 82:6 says we are gods. To be called a god is marvellous. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. – (Genesis 1:27).
God created man in His own image, blessed the man and gave him dominion over the whole of creation. However, this was not without clear-cut instructions on how the man should exercise his dominion. It is unfortunate that the 21st century Church is guilty of exercising unlimited freedom – acting as though Jesus Christ had saved us into lawlessness and unguided freedom. This is the reason human beings must live up to God’s expectation as ‘gods’ to the rest of creation, according to Psalm 82:6. Apostle Paul asked in Romans 6:1-2: What shall we say? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
We must jealously guard our position in God’s creation and redemption. Our first parents lost it; we found it in Christ and so we must be careful not to take the grace of God for granted anymore. Jesus Christ restored us to this prestigious position and the Scripture confirms it thus: But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people, that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light. – (1 Peter 2:9)
The divine assessment of the whole of creation is: And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good…. – (Genesis 1:31). My prayer is that, in whatever way you may have fallen short of God’s perfection, may you be restored, in the mighty name of Jesus.
ACTION POINT: Find out those things in your life that have gone bad. Pray that God who redeemed you will restore those good things today, in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 13-14
OPEN HEAVEN 13TH SEPTEMBER 2021 MONDAY HYMNAL:
HYMN 17 – WHAT A WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY, DAY I WILL NEVER FORGET
1. What a wonderful, wonderful day,
Day I will never forget;
After I’d wandered in darkness away,
Jesus my Saviour I met.
O what a tender, compassionate friend,
He met the need of my heart;
Shadows dispelling, with joy I am telling,
He made all the darkness depart!
Heaven came down and glory fill my soul, (filled my soul)
When at the cross the Saviour made me whole; (made me whole)
My sins were washed away
And my night was tuned to day,
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul! (filled my soul)
2. Born of the Spirit with life from above
Into God’s family divine,
Justified fully thru Calvary’s love,
O what a standing is mine!
And the transaction so quickly was made
When as a sinner I came,
Took of the offer of grace He did proffer
He saved me, O praise His dear name!
3. Now I’ve a hope that will surely endure
After the passing of time;
I have a future in heaven for sure,
There in those mansions sublime.
And it’s because of that wonderful day,
When at the cross I believed;
Riches eternal and blessings supernal,
From His precious hand I received.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Open Heaven 13th September 2021 Monday – Fearfully and Wonderfully Made! God bless you!