Open Heaven 25 July 2019 – Don’t Be An Accomplice, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TOPIC: Don’t Be An Accomplice
MEMORISE: “Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.” – (Romans 1:32).
READ: Acts 5:1-11 (KJV)
1. But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2. And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles’ feet.
3. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4. Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost; and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
6. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
7. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
9. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
10. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost; and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
11. And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.
Open Heaven 25 July 2019 – MESSAGE:
Today, we will be reflecting on an area of compromise in the Body of Christ which the Lord wants us to repent of. This has to do with partaking in other man’s sin, whether by supporting, celebrating or turning blind eyes to their misdeeds. The reason why the Redeemed Christians Church of God perceived by some to be rigid on certain matters is because we are conscious of the possibility of being accomplice to heresies. We prefer to give God the benefit of the doubt rather than take things for granted – after all, it is safer to be overly obedience than to fall prey to sin.
Today’s memory verse is strong food for thought for the body of Christ. Through it, we understand that God’s wrath is revealed from heaven not only against those who commit acts that He hates, but also against those who have pleasure in those that do them. Some pastors would say, “What is my business if a man divorces his wife and marries another woman? It there problem, not mine.” However, such pastors are not just witnesses but accomplices to the joining of two spiritually incompatible partners through remarriage, thereby approving those who have gone against the Lord’s instructions in (1 Corinthians 7:10-11). May you not be a partaker of sins you did not directly commit in Jesus’ Name (1 Timothy 5:22).
Today: Open Heaven 25 July 2019 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
In times past, we were taught that it was not enough to abstain from alcohol; we were also expected not to serve it to others to drink. Habakkuk 2:15 says:
“Woe unto him that giveth his neighbor drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!”
This was how my old friends knew that a change had occurred in me after I gave my life to Christ. When I started serving them soft drinks instead of whiskey and champagne, they thought I had gone crazy. Another area of compromise that makes believers accomplices to sin is when they allow fraud to be perpetrated under their noses and do nothing about it.
There is a Yoruba adage which says, “The one who collects the stolen cruse of oil is as guilty as the one who actually stole it from the kitchen rack.” This same principle applies to those who allow their homes to be used for immoral acts. Although some young Christians would not fornicate, they allow their unbelieving friends to bring their girlfriends to commit sexual immorality in their houses. In the sight of God, they are as guilty as those committing act. The giver of a bribe is as guilty as the taker of it. Don’t be an accomplice to corrupt practices. The Lord is watching you, and He is coming back soon.
Father, please give me boldness to resist being an accomplice of evildoers, in Jesus’ Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Judges 1-2, Ezekiel 22:6-22
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 25 July 2019 – Don’t Be An Accomplice, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with others.