Open Heaven Devotional 3rd January 2023 (Tuesday)
Welcome to Today’s RCCG Open Heaven Daily Devotional for Tuesday 3 January 2023, written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, General Overseer, The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG.
DO YOU KNOW THAT? Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye was born 2 March 1942, he is a Nigerian pastor and General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God. He’s known for teaching and is the author of OPEN HEAVEN.
TOPIC: WHEN GOD BREATHES 1
“Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:” – (Ezekiel 37:5)
READ: Psalm 128:1-6 (KJV)
1. Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
2. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands; happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
3. Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house; thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
4. Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.
5. The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion; and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.
6. Yea, thou shalt see thy children’s children, and peace upon Israel.
Open Heaven Devotional 3rd January 2023
The first thing you need to know about our topic for today is that God does not breathe to survive like we humans do. Someone who cannot die definitely does not need to breathe to stay alive. Thus, when we say that God breathes, it means that something rare and special is about to happen. Genesis 2:7 says:
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostriis the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
The Almighty God, who does not need to breathe to remain alive, decided to breathe because He wanted to give life to a non-living thing. He breathed on ordinary clay, and it became a living soul. When He breathes on the dead, they come to life. That is how powerful the breath of God is, and believe me honestly, as humans, one thing or the other will seem to be dead in our lives at one point or the other, so we all need God to breathe on us.
Romans 4:19 says not only was Sarah’s womb dead, her husband’s body was dead too, but the One who can breathe life into the dead brought it back to life. He does not only breathe on dead wombs; He can also breathe on dead businesses, careers, marriages, ministries and many more.
You may have noticed an area of your life where there has been no progress for years; you would need God to breathe on it and bring it to life. Genesis 49:22 says “Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall”. Joseph prospered everywhere he went – even as a slave (Genesis 39:2), a prisoner (Genesis 39:21-23) and then as a prime minister (Genesis 41:41).
The first verse of today’s Bible reading shows the secret of Joseph’s fruitfulness – he feared the Lord and walked in His ways. You have to stop committing sin and walk in the ways of the Lord, then you would find out that what had seemed dead before would begin to bear fruit. I pray that God will give you the grace to fear Him and to always do His will, in Jesus’ name.
Father, please breathe on every dead thing in my life today, in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
- Joel Osteen Devotional Today 2nd January 2023
- January 2, 2023 Your Daily Bible Verse for Monday
- John Hagee Devotional 2 January 2023 – Monday