Open Heaven Devotional 5th May 2023 (Friday)
Welcome to Today’s RCCG Open Heaven Daily Devotional for Friday 5 May 2023, written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, General Overseer, The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG.
DO YOU KNOW THAT? Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye was born 2 March 1942, he is a Nigerian pastor and General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God. He’s known for teaching and is the author of OPEN HEAVEN.
Read Other Open Heaven Devotional Messages and Follow the Sunday School Manual for Students and Teachers.
TOPIC: PRAYERS FOR ELDERS
“And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.” – (Isaiah 46:4)
READ: 1 Peter 5:1-4 (KJV)
1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3 Neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being examples to the flock.
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
Open Heaven Devotional 5th May 2023 MESSAGE:
1. Father, thank You for our elders. Thank You Lord, for giving them long life and good health.
2. Father, please forgive all the sins our elders may have committed in the past so that they can have peace in their old age.
3. Father, please give our elders wisdom and understanding to counsel the younger ones correctly.
4. Please Lord, if there is any elder who has not surrendered his or her life to You, please let them encounter You so that they can make it to heaven.
5. Father, please comfort any elder who is lonely. Please Lord bring people around them who will show them love and care.
6. Father, please give our elders good health. Don’t let the diseases that are common to old people come upon the elders around us, Lord.
7. Father, don’t let the godly efforts of our elders go to waste. Let their children carry on their legacy successfully.
8. Father, we ask for unity between elders and youths. Whatever may have caused disunity between elders and youths in families, Churches or communities is destroyed now, in Jesus’ name.
9. Father, please answer the prayers of our elders by fire, in Jesus’ name. James 5:14 says we should go to the elders for prayers when we are sick. As they pray for us Lord, please let their prayers be answered speedily, in Jesus’ name.
10. Father, let our elders leave a good inheritance for us. Let only blessings flow from them to the younger ones, in Jesus’ name.
11. Father, please bless every child who desires to care for his or her parents but does not have the means, in Jesus’ name.
12. Your personal prayer points for the elders in your family, Church and community.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 20-23
Hymn 22 – Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!
- Scripture Union Daily Guide 5 May 2023 | Devotional
- Kenneth Copeland 6th May 2023 | Faith To Faith Devotional