Pastor W.F. Kumuyi: DCLM Daily Manna 16 November 2022
Welcome to Deeper Christian Life Ministry DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Wednesday 16th November 2022, a powerful devotional message by Pastor Kumuyi!
DO YOU KNOW? Pst. William Folorunso Kumuyi is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria. He is the author of several Christian books and devotionals. William Folorunso Kumuyi celebrated his 80th Birthday on 6 June 2021.
TOPIC FOR TODAY IS TOO PURE TO BEHOLD EVIL
TEXT: Habakkuk 1:12-17
12. Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.
13. Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity; wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
14. And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them?
15. They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag; therefore they rejoice and are glad.
16. Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous.
17. Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?
“Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?” – (Habakkuk 1:13).
MESSAGE For DCLM Daily Manna 16 November 2022 Devotional:
According to A.W. Tozer, “God’s first concern for His universe is its moral health; that is, its holiness. Whatever is contrary to this is necessarily under His eternal displeasure. To preserve His creation, God must destroy whatever would destroy it. When He arises to put down iniquity and save the world from irreparable moral collapse, He is said to be angry. Every wrathful judgment in the history of the world has been a holy act of preservation. The holiness of God and the wrath of God are inseparably united. God’s wrath is His utter intolerance of whatever degrades and destroys. He hates iniquity as a mother hates polio that would take the life of her child.”
The text for today highlights the complaint of Prophet Habakkuk when Israel was under the siege of the Chaldeans. The prophet had earlier cried to the Lord because he was surrounded by a culture of irreparable moral collapse, injustice and violence. The Lord’s response was that He would use the Chaldeans, a fierce and violent people, as His instrument of judgment. But God’s plan to use such an ungodly people seemed to Prophet Habakkuk somewhat inconsistent with His holy nature. So, the prophet reminded Him of His nature and prayed for mercy upon Israel.
All over the world, a culture of irreparable moral collapse, injustice and violence pervades. Unlike Prophet Habakkuk, many are not disturbed over these conditions, as long as they do not threaten their comfort in any way. They have learnt to live with unrighteousness and have come to look upon it as something natural and expected. Though wickedness may thrive a while, God will surely judge the wicked.
God’s judgment will come upon all wicked people. He will not hesitate to destroy a whole nation if it remains in wickedness, like Sodom and Gomorrah. He, however, delights in the salvation and well-being of man. He will readily forgive a sinner who repents and turns to Him.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The holiness of God and His wrath are inseparable.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 9-10
- November 14, 2022 Your Daily Prayer For Monday
- November 14, 2022 Your Daily Bible Verse for Monday
- Rick Warren Daily Hope for Monday 14th November 2022
- Dr. Charles Stanley In Touch Devotional for 14 November 2022
- John Hagee Devotional 14 November 2022 – Monday