Pastor W.F. Kumuyi: DCLM Daily Manna 23 October 2022
DCLM Daily Manna 23 October 2022 Devotional written by Pastor W.F. Kumuyi.
Welcome to Deeper Christian Life Ministry DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Saturday 23rd October 2022, a powerful devotional message by Pastor Kumuyi!
DO YOU KNOW? Pst. William Folorunso Kumuyi is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria. He is the author of several Christian books and devotionals. William Folorunso Kumuyi celebrated his 80th Birthday on 6 June 2021.
TOPIC FOR TODAY IS SECRETS OF EFFECTIVE LEADERS
TEXT: Numbers 27:1-8
1. Then came the daughters of Zelophehad, the son of Hepher, the son of Gilead, the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh, of the families of Manasseh the son of Joseph; and these are the names of his daughters; Mahlah, Noah, and Hoglah, and Milcah, and Tirzah.
2. And they stood before Moses, and before Eleazar the priest, and before the princes and all the congregation, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,
3. Our father died in the wilderness, and he was not in the company of them that gathered themselves together against the LORD in the company of Korah; but died in his own sin, and had no sons.
4. Why should the name of our father be done away from among his family, because he hath no son? Give unto us therefore a possession among the brethren of our father.
5. And Moses brought their cause before the LORD.
6. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
7. The daughters of Zelophehad speak right; thou shalt surely give them a possession of an inheritance among their father’s brethren; and thou shalt cause the inheritance of their father to pass unto them.
8. And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a man die, and have no son, then ye shall cause his inheritance to pass unto his daughter.
“And Moses brought their cause before the LORD.” – (Numbers 27:5).
MESSAGE For DCLM Daily Manna 23 October 2022 Devotional:
Successful leadership requires much more than occupying a position or bearing a title. It entails having an understanding of one’s limitations and weaknesses and knowing how to leverage on the strength and support of others, whether they are one’s superiors or juniors. Our text revealed the sensitive and unusual request made to Moses the servant of God by the five daughters of Zelophehad, a man of the tribe of Manasseh.
These ladies wanted Moses to allot them land (an inheritance) among their father’s brothers since their late father had no son. This, they maintained, was to ensure that their father’s name and possession was not lost among his brethren. Because Moses had not handled that kind of issue before, he assured the young women that he would bring their matter before God. God told him that the daughters of Zelophehad were right and he should allocate them land among their father’s brothers.
Leaders must learn to be willing to admit it when they do not have immediate answers to the questions or enquiries of the people. It does not diminish their person or honour when they do so. Rather, it further earns them the respect of their followers and endears them to their hearts the more. Honesty and sincerity are of great importance in leadership. When leaders make mistakes in judgment and decisions, they should be willing to admit it. After all, leaders are humans too.
It is however important that leaders be willing to pay the price of diligently finding out what they do not know from God through prayers and proper study. This will save the leader from giving a wrong judgment or counsel.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Humility makes our leadership style superb.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
- October 22, 2022 Your Daily Prayer For Saturday
- The Upper Room Devotional 22nd October 2022 – The Gift of Hope
- UCB Word For Today Saturday 22 October 2022
- Rick Warren Daily Hope 22nd October 2022
- Chuck Swindoll Devotional 22 October 2022 || Insight For Today