Pastor W.F. Kumuyi: DCLM Daily Manna 26 November 2022
Welcome to Deeper Christian Life Ministry DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Saturday 26th November 2022, a powerful devotional message by Pastor Kumuyi!
DO YOU KNOW? Pst. William Folorunso Kumuyi is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria. He is the author of several Christian books and devotionals. William Folorunso Kumuyi celebrated his 80th Birthday on 6 June 2021.
TOPIC FOR TODAY IS WHAT DO YOU GLORY IN?
TEXT: Jeremiah 9:23-26
23. Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches;
24. But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth; for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
25. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised;
26. Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness; for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in the heart.
“Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD…” – (Jeremiah 9:23,24).
MESSAGE For DCLM Daily Manna 26 November 2022 Devotional:
It is not uncommon as you interact with people, especially for the first time at social functions, to find them wanting to tell you much about themselves. They talk of their academic qualifications, material possessions, social status and connections, travels to different parts of the world, the various awards they have received, and the likes. Should you make a mistake to address them without the titles that go along with their names, they will take serious offence and demand your unreserved apology.
In our passage today, God cautions the nation of Israel against taking pride and bragging about their material possessions. Boasting about their wisdom, wealth, worldly connections as well as their might is worthless. Rather, if they are to take pride in anything at all, it should be in the fact that they know the Lord. Knowing God and partaking of His righteousness and goodness is worth more than any worldly possession or attainment. The reason is obvious: all earthly possessions and attainments are temporal and transient. But God is eternal; and being in relationship with Him secures us eternal blessings.
Christians, therefore, should hold the things of this world lightly. It is not as if they do not consider having worldly possessions as essential for life and are indifferent to them. They, instead, have a higher sense of value. They may have academic laurels, financial wealth and other material blessings; all these are not the most important things for them. They cherish and hold dearly their relationship with God above any of these.
Unfortunately, today, some people claim to be Christians but give little or no time to nurturing their relationship with God. Instead, they spend the most part of their lives pursuing earthly things. You need to check up your sense of value. What do you glory in? What gives you the greatest sense of joy and satisfaction? Remember, every earthly possession will pass away.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Glory in the Lord alone.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
- MFM Manna Water 23rd November 2022 Live Service | Dr DK Olukoya
- Today’s Joel Osteen 23 November 2022 Wednesday Devotional
- Creflo Dollar Devotional 23 November 2022 (Wednesday)
- November 23, 2022 Your Daily Bible Verse for Wednesday
- November 23, 2022 Your Daily Prayer For Wednesday