Pastor W.F. Kumuyi: DCLM Daily Manna 28 December 2022
Welcome to Deeper Christian Life Ministry DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Wednesday 28th December 2022, a powerful devotional message by Pastor Kumuyi!
DO YOU KNOW? Pst. William Folorunso Kumuyi is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria. He is the author of several Christian books and devotionals. William Folorunso Kumuyi celebrated his 80th Birthday on 6 June 2021.
TOPIC: FLEE THE RAT RACE
TEXT: Luke 21:29-38
29. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30. When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33. Heaven and earth shall pass away; but my words shall not pass away.
34. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
37. And in the day time he was teaching in the temple; and at night he went out, and abode in the mount that is called the mount of Olives.
38. And all the people came early in the morning to him in the temple, for to hear him.
- In Touch Devotional 26 December 2022 | Dr Charles Stanley
- John Hagee Devotional 26 December 2022 – Monday
“And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.” – (Luke 21:34).
MESSAGE For DCLM Daily Manna 28 December 2022 Devotional:
There is a growing parallel be tween the events of the last days and the days leading to the close of every year. As this year draws to an end, there has come a rush of activities such as travel, shopping, revelry and gatherings for all sorts of ceremonies. Men and women are in the firm grip of the spirit of the rat race.
Our Lord went into more specifics as He dwelt on what would obtain in the world on the threshold of His Second Coming. As He spoke of the sign of the fig tree and the other vegetation to announce the nearness of His return, He also warned His disciples not to be swallowed by the activities of the time. They should avoid overindulgence in materialism and the seemingly legitimate demands of career, culture and community. They would be a “snare” upon the unguarded believer who would want to move with the times.
As the year rolls to an end, there will be invitations to feasts and gatherings from all and sundry in the name of bidding farewell to the year. We need to be careful of these as they promote worldliness, promiscuity, carelessness and other forms of carnal indulgence. Rather than being in such gatherings that may not exalt the Lord, we should spend the time to watch, pray and seek to promote His glory while we expect His return.
Instead of being drawn away by the rat race common during this season, we should focus on activities and programmes that will direct the attention of people towards the coming of the Lord and help them get ready. This is the most worthwhile and rewarding activity to engage in at this time.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Don’t Just dine and wine this season; win the lost for Christ.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
- Creflo Dollar Devotional 26 December 2022 (Monday)
- Prophetic Word For Today 26 December 2022 | Monday