RCCG Sunday School Student’s Manual 8th October 2022 (Lesson 6)
READ RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL FOR 8 OCTOBER 2022 – LESSON SIX
The Redeemed Christian Church of God Sunday School Manual for Students was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye. God bless you as you study!
RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL
DATE: SUNDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2022
TOPIC: SPEAKING IN AN UNKNOWN TONGUES
RCCG Sunday School Student’s Manual 8th October 2022
*SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN*
*1.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
*2.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
*3.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
*4.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee
*5.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
*6.* O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
Lesson 6: RCCG Sunday School Student’s Manual 8th October 2022
MEMORY VERSE: “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; “. – Mark 16:17
BIBLE PASSAGE: HEBREWS 13:15-16
15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
Our Lord Jesus Christ declared that the ability to speak with new tongues shall be one of the signs that follow everyone who believes in Him (Mark 16:17). Why every believer receives the Holy Spirit at the point of conversion (Acts 2:38), believers are expected to continue to thirst and hunger for the in filling of the Holy spirit (Luke 24:29).
Speaking in tongues is a divine language and manifested when one is baptized with the Holy Spirit. The ability to speak in an unknown tongue is one of the outward (physical) evidence of the overflow of the Holy spirit in the life of a believer (Acts 2:4). In this lesson, we shall attempt to answer some of the mind-boggling questions about speaking in an unknown tongues and its benefits
1. SPEAKING IN AN UNKNOWN TONGUES AND THE GIFT OF DIVERSE KIND OF TONGUE COMPARED
2. BENEFITS OF SPEAKING IN AN UNKNOWN TONGUES
SPEAKING IN AN UNKNOWN TONGUES AND THE GIFT OF DIVERSE KIND OF TONGUE COMPARED
The ability to speak in an unknown tongue, as well as the gift of diverse kind of tongues, is given by the Holy Spirit. It is distinctive of the present Holy spirit dispensation and it began with the outpouring of the Holy spirit on the day of Pentecost. It is not to be bought with money or learnt.
However, we need to distinguish between the truth. While every believers is expected to speak in an unknown tongue (Acts 19:1-6) not all may receive the gift of diverse kinds of tongues (1Corinthians 12:10). Note that both can take place simultaneously for some believers, as it happened to the disciples of the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:4-12).
When a believers speaks in an unknown tongue, he speaks mysteries (onto God) which cannot be understood by men (1 Corinthians 14:2), However, God can speak through one with the gift of diverse kinds of tongues to men with interpretations where necessary (Acts 2:4-6). Speaking in an unknown tongue is for self edification (1Corinthians 14:4) while diverse kinds of tongues (when interpreted) edify the church or those around (Acts 2:7-10)
BENEFITS OF SPEAKING IN AN UNKNOWN TONGUES
The following are some of the benefits of speaking in an unknown tongue:
1. It improves a believer’s prayer life: supernatural ability to communicate with God effectively and intercede for others well (Romans 8:26; 1Corinthians 14:2).
2. Self-edification: it stirs up a believers Faith (1Corinthians 14:4; Jude 20)
3. It is a means of yielding our tongue to God. No man can tame the tongue but God (James 3:8). By the Holy Spirit, the whole body can change, including the tongue.
4. It is a weapon of spiritual warfare (1Corinthians 14:2).
5. It assist believers to sing, praise and give thanks to God (1Corinthians 14:15)
Speaking in an unknown tongue is a fulfillment of the promise of God and it is for all believers who would not just desire it but fully tap into the benefits irrespective of their church denominations, tribes or Nations.
1. Give reasons believers should speak in an unknown tongues.
2. Mention four benefits of speaking in an unknown tongue.
Thanks for studying RCCG Sunday School Student’s Manual 8th October 2022 (Lesson 6)
- Joel Osteen 8th October 2022 || Daily Devotional (It’s Not Too Much)
- Daily Gospel Reflection for 9 October 2022 || Sunday Gospel
- Daily Bible Verse And Prayer 9 October 2022 | Sunday
- Sunday Mass 9 October 2022 Livestream – 28th Sunday of Ordinary Time
- Daily Prayer For Today 9 October 2022 | Sunday