Scripture Union Daily Guide 29 October 2022 | Devotional
Do You Know That? Daily Guide Reading is published by Scripture Union Press & Books Ltd, an arm of Scripture Union Nigeria. Daily Guide is a true nondenominational, interdenominational Christian Bible engagement/reading aid – meditate on the Bible without denominational colorations. May the Lord bless you as you study!
Today’s Topic: The Tragic End Of a Good Man
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, make me more like you through the power of your word as I meditate on it.
Scripture: 2 Chronicles 16:1‐14
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
• What truth is God revealing to me in this passage?
Other Daily Devotionals You Can Read Today:
- Creflo Dollar Devotional 28 October 2022 (Friday)
- Today’s Joel Osteen 28 October 2022 Friday Devotional
- Today’s Joel Osteen Inspirational Message 28 October 2022
Today’s Outline For Scripture Union Daily Guide 29 October 2022
How did you feel reading the story of Asa’s last years? For me, it is disheartening that a man like Asa, with all the good records in chapters 14 and 15 could decline so terribly and end in such a tragic manner. Read vs.7‐9 again. What can you identify as the root cause of Asa’s backsliding and tragic end? From our previous readings we come across a recurrent account of backsliding after success. What lesson can we learn from these? Asa’s spiritual decline started with a shift in trust from God to man (vs.1‐3).
We all face the temptation to seek security in people and material things especially in times of crisis. But God wants us to trust Him always, even in the face of seemingly insurmountable challenges (Psalm 62:8). Thus, in seeking solution to our problems, we must not put our trust in people or material things (Psalm 118:8‐9; Jeremiah 17:5‐8). Usually, one sin leads to another if not nipped in the bud.
Read vs.2,3,10 and 12 again and take note of other steps that Asa took leading to his downfall. We might have started our journey of faith well, but Asa’s story teaches us that how we end is more important than how we began.
And So? Reflect on how you have handled your challenges in recent time. Does it show that you totally trust in God?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Dear Lord, help me to trust in You with all my heart all the days of my life.
Prayer for the week
• Pray for Christian parents to arise in their Christian duties towards their children Believe God for spiritual training and discipline in Christian homes. Pray against abandoning our children on the excuse of work and being too busy.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
Acts 27:24; Psalms 87‐89; Proverbs 4
God bless you for studying! Please share!